No announcement yet.

Estranged relatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel your pain. My family also had its problems. Mom didn’t get along with her brothers so we didn’t associate with them. Everyone lost. They didn’t get to see us grow up and we missed out on the them. Reach out to the kids. If it works out…great, if not, you tried. I’m old and most of the family is gone. How I wish things would have been different.

Comment

[QUOTE=Hogmauler;16219351]I don’t expect my niece and nephew to contact me and I would imagine they think the same thing. But who knows?

“Nothing is impossible with God”

So sorry Brother! We don’t know when our # will come up ! If people think it’s impossible to forgive , it may be extremely hard but only impossible if you give up !

Comment

Great advice from all to all!

Comment

Similar situation with my family. No real contact with my sister, brother in law or niece. After they basically took over the family land when my dad was ill before he passed and were only around for the money they thought they’d get. Haven’t spoken much to either of them. Don’t really care to, they are just different people. I’ve forgiven them for how they treated my mother and father, but won’t ever forget it. I’m sure I’ll see em again when everything gets divided up eventually.

Comment

After my dad died my mom wrote my sister out of their Will. She had tried off and on to get my mom and dad to “divest” themselves of their life savings and live off the government. I could/can’t understand what drove my sister to this insane mindset. She got nothing of what she wanted so badly. All I wanted was my mom and dad.

Comment

My brother was mad for about 20 years. I would reach out thru his son. Amazing one day I got a facebook message from him. We had about 3 good years of being brothers. We talked most day about all kinds of stuff you can only talk to your brother about. He passed at the beginning of March. I miss my brother so so much but glad we had the last few good years. My avatar photo if the first time we met. Love you Scott!

Another part of that story if his daughter did not talk to him for years. He reached out all the time. She was at the funeral and she admitted it was all her and now she had to live with the guilt for missing all those years.

Comment

I’m so glad y’all were able to reconcile before he passed Stan.

Comment

It’s crazy how people want to stay mad. Ever heard a story about how relieved some one was because they were still piszed off? Lots of stories about forgiveness and reuniting that can choke you up.

Comment

I only have one that hates me. He's a second cousin so not close at all. Lives hundreds of miles from me. I hate it but he did it, not me. Misspelled his mothers maiden name. Shame on me!

Comment

Staying mad at someone is like drinking poison and expecting them to die. It’s a waste of one’s life

Comment

Haven’t seen my brother for 5 years, always short talk or I’ll call you back. He moved out to Arizona with his wife and niece he will only call to tell me how much my parents frustrate him when they call him to see how they are doing but he doesn’t understand or refuses to accept as people get older it’s more difficult for them to do things and sometimes just want to be seen or heard. Just recently my parents wrote him out of their will as well as my niece since he basically doesn’t want nothing to do with us it’ll be hard when the day comes and he finds out there is nothing there for him.

Comment

My situation is a bit different, I don’t talk to my little brother much. In the last 3 years maybe 1 phone call a few texts and 1-2 visits. It’s been like that for awhile, his wife’s family lives around 10 minutes from me. He lives in Houston but he comes down regularly to see them. It bothers me a bit, I’ve only seen my nephews 2 times in the last 3 years. They even had a birthday party for them a few months back down here that we weren’t invited too. I think it’s a number of reasons, both of them are highly educated and so is everyone in her family. Myself and other brother are college dropouts who make a god loving working hard. It could also be that my 3 year old whipped his twins that last time they came… Who knows but it bothers my mom but she won’t say anything.

Comment

So true regarding the elderly. I know because I’m one now. But when you get into your 80,s and live in Houston like they did, it’s even tougher. My mom was in the beginning stages of dementia, dad was deaf and had an unknown heart condition (arteriosclerosis) that would later kill him. I guess if your health could remain intact that those days could be “the golden years”.

Comment

Prayers for all of those that are dealing with family separation issues. Do what you can, but the rest is up to them.
                              Makes me grateful that I get along well with my 2 brothers and my sister, especially since our parents are gone now.

Comment

Hog..thanks for sharing. You did all you can, it was the others that we too stuck in their ways to see your offering. Take pride with your actions. You shouldn’t feel bad for their lack of respect.

Comment

Working...
                                X