Food Plots Ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GLM View Post
    I plant using my old grain drill. It’s not a “no till drill” so I have to till the plots before plant.
    Have you ever tried to plant directly with it instead of discing before? Reason I ask is that I used one similar prior to getting a true no till and used it without discing with much success. Faster, way fewer weeds, etc.

Comment

I’ve tried without tilling but the ground has to have just the right amount of moisture to allow the disks to make a groove for the seeds but not too much where it all just gums up with mud.

Comment

Got 3” of rain last week and food plots are looking good. Got another 2.5” of rain last night. Hope the rains keep coming!
        Attached Files

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Very nice, the only thing growing on my lease is dust bunnies.

Comment

I’m jealous. Only thing we’ve been able to grow the last 10 years is rocks.

Comment

Looks good appears to be second leaf stage. Cross your fingers that it gets to the next stage before the deer come in and wipe it out.

Comment

Good looking plot!!! Good job

In Leon county deer wiped out everything i planted except clover
                  Out here in Brown co we have had about 3” this year
                  Last fall was dry too. No summer plot for me.
                  Last edited by Big pig; 05-06-2022, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Got both my food plots planted a week or so ago and both sprouting up nicely.

Comment

Looking real green, very nice.

Comment

Looking great. I am planting this weekend on at least half of my food plots.

Comment

Deer cleaned out my 3 acres of I&C peas in a week! I think I need to plant other things with it next year. Thinking about Sunn Hemp, Sun Flowers and Sorghum.

Comment

I’ve been lucky so far.

Comment

Originally posted by GLM View Post
                              Deer cleaned out my 3 acres of I&C peas in a week! I think I need to plant other things with it next year. Thinking about Sunn Hemp, Sun Flowers and Sorghum.
                              Bummer! Bet it was fun while it lasted for them. My spring plants stalled out due to lack of rain and got wiped out too.

Comment

4 week old food plot...needed the rain tonight as it was getting dryClick image for larger version

Name:	20220520_173740.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	24685461Click image for larger version

Name:	20220520_172935.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	230.6 KB
ID:	24685462

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X