No announcement yet.

Bow set ups, how close?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ladder stand and the feeder set up is 22.

Comment

My tripods are within 100 yards of the feeders. One I can hand corn from 5-20 yards. The other I have a small window and maybe an 8 yard shot at max.

Comment

Good info, thanks everyone!

Comment

18-20 to edge of the pen. Get em in close. Hand corn. Kill ‘em

Comment

22 yds F j b

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              I shoot mostly traditional with no sights. At all of my setups, the feeder is 13yds from where I sis in my blind. I have been dabbling with a compound some lately, and I still like em real close.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s the name of the game right there. Get them as close as possible and execute a well placed shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I try to set up around 20 yards. Most of the time I feel like I am too close.

Comment

My feeders are roughly 15-20 yards from the blinds. Couple other spots are on trails with hand corn. Those are about 10-15 yards with the longest shot being 20. I like them close.

Comment

15-18yds and at least 20ft up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

19-21 to the bottom of the corn feeder is what I go for with all setups. Seen people be successful at less and extremely unsuccessful at way more. Depends on the hunter and their knowledge more than anything. Know how the spot hunts in all conditions and when to make/not make your move.

Comment

I really like about 20, which means far side of feeder ends up being 25-30, near side, 16-18. I feel it helps a bit if you have to play side winds and with noise.

Comment

Closest I have is 12 yards when you factor in angle. That is not easy but it is one of my favorite stands. Average distance to feeders is a little over 20.

Comment

I tend to set up 35-50 yards off the feeder, then hand corn them in to 10 yards, shooting trad equipment.

Comment

Working...
                            X