No announcement yet.

Bow set ups, how close?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree with above, feeder at 30-35 with hand corn at 20-25. Deer are less jumpy at the feeder but will still work to the hand corn for an easier shot.

Comment

Generally 20 yards for all my set ups, I like em close. I want them standing at the end of my arrow when I release it.

Comment

My two bow blinds are like 17 yards away from my stand and fill corn feeders. My timed protein are a little farther at 32 yards and I forget exactly on the other but I’m thinking around 40 away from my bow blinds.

My potbelly bow blind is elevated at 5 ft and my Krivoblind is on a short platform on 15” legs.

Comment

A water trough near your feeder 20-30 yards away provides an additional permanent second attractant. Draw when the deer drops his head to drink. During high heat and drought, hunt midday as well if you don't mind sweating.

Comment

Most of my setups are 17-22 yards away. Most of the deer I kill are under 20 yards.

Comment

25-30

Comment

I set mine at 23 yards because that is the shot and distance I can practice at in my back yard

Comment

I set mine up about 20 yards from the stands. Pop ups tree stands and tripods. On my lease the bigger bucks won't come between the stand and the feeder . If I put the feeders farther than 20, it makes for a long shot on the bucks..

Comment

14 yards.

Comment

We don’t run feeders, we hand corn & ours shots are between 18 & 45yrds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We've always set ours at 20 yards regardless if using a tripod or ground blind.

Comment

I shoot from a tripod and set up my feeder at approximately 20 yards. I practice at almost exclusively 20 yards and take shots at deer with a couple of yards (either side) of my feeder.

Comment

Mostly tripod sets. Tripods are 6 to 14 ft tall.
                            Feeder, hand corn or trail are less than 20 yards away.

Comment

19-23 yards whether lock-on, ladder or ground blind. I put my stands at the height with the best cover between me and the deer. I have several that are 12-14 feet up with good cover.

Comment

I use a ladder stand nowadays. It’s up 15’ and it’s a 25 yard shot to the tree I have a feeder hanging on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X