No announcement yet.

New state record big horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“”if we could just get TPWD on board with whipping out aoudad and putting more bighorns in TX we might be getting somewhere!””

I really wish TP&W would add some trophy Aoudad hunts in the permits draw win win all around

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
      Nice reply in the comment section

The OP on there reminds me of a few groupies in WY on rokslide.
      He's an outdoor writer though, so I'm sure he's an expert on everything - especially hunting in Texas.

Comment

There’s nothing canned about that country I promise you.

Comment

trophy of a lifetime there.

and this sheep was killed in a wildlife management area? LOL, I don't think there are many fences in that part of the state.

Comment

Nice reply in the comment section
            Nothing quite like a first hand experience and 3 pics including an LDP to shut up the naysayers.

Comment

That is awesome.
              Maybe I missed it. Did he get drawn for a TXPWD draw hunt?

Comment

Congrats to him, Awesome animal.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                  “”if we could just get TPWD on board with whipping out aoudad and putting more bighorns in TX we might be getting somewhere!””

I really wish TP&W would add some trophy Aoudad hunts in the permits draw win win all around
                  The only problem is they’re only in BB state park as far as I know, but yes it would be nice for them to put an aoudad only draw in there.

I would like to see them work with more landowners though in eradicating aoudad to be replaced with bighorns on their property. I could see it being more lucrative for outfitters and landowners than it is for those dang exotic sheep.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                    I wish they would increase/offer unlimited hunting opportunities for aoudad across the state. It would do wonders for the native habitat for mule deer, bighorns, whitetail, elk etc. I know, I'm not supposed to consider elk native but...

Comment

That's a stud!! I dream of that hunt and an old bruiser ram like that.

ac

Comment

The only problem is they’re only in BB state park as far as I know, but yes it would be nice for them to put an aoudad only draw in there.

I would like to see them work with more landowners though in eradicating aoudad to be replaced with bighorns on their property. I could see it being more lucrative for outfitters and landowners than it is for those dang exotic sheep.
                        That's an excellent idea. There are also aoudad in the Guadalupe Mountains National Park as well as on thousands of acres of land owned by the University of Texas that is leased out to ranchers. I wish there was someone out there actually working to open these lands up to public hunters.

Comment

Great ram!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

awesome

Comment

What a sheep!

Comment

i love the big horn and kudos to this hunter for an epic hunt.
                                nothing easy about that in any land.

i also love the aoudad and have hunted them regularly in the hill country and recently on a draw hunt at Palo Duro. also not an easy place to hunt

I agree that the state needs to open up more hunts for aoudad in the big horn sheep areas and even consider trapping them.

the challenge with adding more bighorns is that they are so darn susceptible to disease as compared to the aoudad. the bighorns seem to pick up disease from domestic sheep as well as some other critters, which makes them constantly at risk. where the aoudad are like my mother in law... nearly indestructible

Comment

Working...
                                X