Food Plots Ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food Plots Ready

Got my food plots tilled twice. Ready for planting. Just need my seeds and rain!

Here’s a photo of one of the plots.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GLM; 04-10-2022, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Nice, pray for rain.

Comment

Yep a 2-3 incher is needed

Comment

Looks good! Hopefully the rain comes through this week.

What are you planting?

Comment

I’m planting Iron and Clay peas. I ordered the seeds from Hancock Seeds. Total price with shipping is $65 per 50 lb bag. Seeds should be delivered next week.

Comment

Originally posted by GLM View Post
              I’m planting Iron and Clay peas. I ordered the seeds from Hancock Seeds. Total price with shipping is $65 per 50 lb bag. Seeds should be delivered next week.
              Not sure how big of a plot you are doing but it's hit or miss with Hancock. Check the pure seed/germination to see if you have enough seed to plant for size of your food plot

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

What is this rain you speak of ?

Comment

I got mine at Livingston Feed and Supply and planted last Monday. 52.00 per 50 lb bag if you need any more.

Comment

I always buy more seeds than I think I will need. The seed quantity I plant is determined by multiplying the germination rate times the per cent of live seed. Then divide that into the recommended planting rate per acre.

When I called Livingston Feed and Seed in March they didn’t know when they would be getting seeds and said they would probably be $65. So I ordered from Hancock.

Comment

I always buy more seeds than I think I will need. The seed quantity I plant is determined by multiplying the germination rate times the per cent of live seed. Then divide that into the recommended planting rate per acre.

When I called Livingston Feed and Seed in March they didn’t know when they would be getting seeds and said they would probably be $65. So I ordered from Hancock.
                      Yes sir, you got it. Good luck, I'm putting in a food plot April 23rd. First chance to get up to the property is then. Cost of fertilize isn't cheap so hoping it pays off

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

How are you going to plant? Broadcast, disk in, drill or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexun View Post
                          How are you going to plant? Broadcast, disk in, drill or something else?
                          I plant using my old grain drill. It’s not a “no till drill” so I have to till the plots before plant.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I should've done mine yesterday but didn't. May try after work today for rain in forecast tomorrow,

Comment

That looks great, nice prep work.

Comment

Working...
                              X