Update to near fatal event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update to near fatal event

Thanks to everyone for the prayers and thoughts. Kade went back to school yesterday-7 days after collapsing and dying on the track. He participated in athletics albeit reduced intensity. Then he went to baseball practice yesterday afternoon (his real sport). He is a bit sore in the chest from 3 rounds of CPR. He said he was sore when he was throwing the baseball, but really sore when he swung the bat. We are taking it slow and easy and he should recover completely in a week or two and be fully back to playing. Hug your children, as life is so short and precious. Once again God is GREAT. His mother and I are forever indebted to the coaching staff and trainer at Boling High School.

Great to hear. Continued prayers for you guys.

Comment

That's outstanding! God bless.

Comment

So glad he is back to normal (almost.

Comment

Great news to hear!

Comment

That's great to hear. I guess they told you that the cardiac conversion rate on youngsters is very low. It's truly a blessing that he made it. Live every day as if it's your last.

Comment

that's great news. I too had a heart attack Feb 10th and am working on limited stamina but its coming back slowly. He will bounce back quicker for sure! Good luck!

Comment

great news sir

Comment

Man, I missed the first post and had to go back. Good to hear he is doing better and getting some normalcy back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man that’s great! So awesome to hear

Comment

Tough lil sucker...glad to hear he has recovered and back on the field.

ac

Comment

I missed the original post. Going back to find it now. So glad he is ok. That is one of my worst fears as a coach is something happening to one of our players.

Comment

That's great news.

Comment

His particular condition is called long QT. If you have teenage athletes please consider getting them checked by a cardiologist, as regular exams cannot detect this condition. This is the silent killer that gets HS and Jr High Athletes.

Comment

That is fantastic news!

Comment

Working...
                              X