No announcement yet.

Helicopter delivery ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched a youtube video recently where a bulldozer pulled a dodge 4x4 dually with 32 ft. camper attached up the side of a mountain and built/modified the road as he went. He was connected to the dozer with his front winch and it was barely still attached to the truck by the time they got to their camp site. Pretty impressive but there was definitely a serious pucker factor figured in. Turned out to be an awesome set up when they were finished. Apparently it wasn't their first rodeo- there were several other campers on site already.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
      hire a D6 or D8 and make a road.
      I second the motion

Comment

Why not the Dozer or mulcher route. If you can drive it with gator, either of those would work. You could have switchbacks cut if you’re worried about a straight line road. And if you want it private again have the doze over trees or cut serious ditches on the way out. And if you want it even more “cover your tracks” don’t use your gator trail. And have the wreck the path on way out with dozer.

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
          Thanks for the info folks. I called 5 state. Weight is going to be a factor plus they can’t “haul” it, has to be slung and lifted basically close by (not over population). I’d have to drive it as close as I can get it. The UH-60 has max weight of 7,500lbs and is right at $80K. The other factor I’d have to overcome is building some sort of 4 point lift system to hook into. So the main problem with a four point lift system is how to get it certified.

A trailer up to 4,200lbs is about $32K

Looks like my cheapest option is an F250 4x4, chainsaws, ice cold beer, BBQ, and a Basecamp20X model.
          A sling shop can build you a 4 leg spreader to lift with and they are certified. Id call several and price shop. If interested shoot me a PM and I will get you a name/number for a very good shop

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
            A steel "toboggan" type sled pulled by a rented dozer will go just about anywhere. Pipeline contractors use them all the time. A sled slightly larger than the ones used to drag welding trucks around on might be required, depending on the size of the airstream.
            This^ Back in the day it was very common to do this going to oilfield locations. Our trailers had folding landing gear to help when being drug in by dozers. When it was real bad they brought in the skids like mentioned. Many times they were large enough to park the complete 18 wheeler on. Those old R model Mack trucks were shizzz in conditions like this

Comment

Some good ideas here.

Comment

Build a cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Could you seriously cut the trailer in half. Other option sell your trailer and buy cone. Boxes and turn them into living wiaterd

Comment

I just cant fathom that building something relatively the same size as an airstream cost more than purchasing and doing a heli drop. (32K you were quoted)

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      I just cant fathom that building something relatively the same size as an airstream cost more than purchasing and doing a heli drop. (32K you were quoted)

My thought as well

But I understand the concept of the aluminum “remote” cabin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
                        Could you seriously cut the trailer in half. Other option sell your trailer and buy cone. Boxes and turn them into living wiaterd
                        You gotta go with this idea, just so we can figure out what the hell it is...

Comment

In for pics of the Airstream in the air ��

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
                            Could you please decipher this for us idiots that can’t read?

Comment

Working...
                            X