Prayers for a near fatal event.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers for a near fatal event.

March 28th my 15yo son almost died. He was running on the track during the athletics portion of school and collapsed. Three rounds of cpr brought him back and he was life flighted to Memorial Hermann Childrens in downtown Houston. We spent four days in the hospital and thankfully brought him home last night. God is GREAT and we are so thankful to still have him in our lives. Kade was diagnosed with long QT syndrome which is an electrical issue in the heart. It’s a common killer amongst teenagers as it is difficult to detect without an ekg and an expert in long QT reading the ekg. The prognosis is good. He will be on meds for it for the rest of his life and there are certain exercises (high intensity repetitive exercises like sprinting for time or swimming laps) that he has to avoid but the doctors are confident he will otherwise live a full life. He definitely took some years off ours. The HS trainer and coaches saved his life. The hospital staff took awesome care of him and us and I can’t say enough how in debt to them we are. I just want to beg this group for additional prayers as there can never be to many. I also want to suggest if you have an athlete child you have them tested. No parent should go thru this. Just fyi he has had 3 prior incidents not nearly as serious where he had EKG’s and this was not caught. We are just so thankful that he is still here. Hug your kids and loved ones as life is short!!

Dang, prayers for yall. God is good!

Comment

Great news that he survived and has a diagnosis for how live a long life! Prayers up.

Comment

Prayers Up for Y'all.

Comment

Wow…so glad he’s OK. That’s so scary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My goodness that’s terrible and maybe even a blessing all in one. Thank god it happened in a location where people could help.

Comment

God is Great. Hug your son for all of us! That story gives me goose bumps. Praying for continued healing.

Comment

Glad he’s back home prayers sent

Comment

Thank God he’s alive and OK. Thank his coaches too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayer sent. Glad this turned out good.

Comment

OMG. Glad he’s OK.

Kudos to all that made it possible, and praise God for them being there and watching over their efforts.

Comment

My nephew collapsed during football practice 5 years ago. Heart stopped beating. Luckily the coaches had a defibulator that was donated by The August Heart Foundation. They ran got the defib and got his heart beating again. That was some horrifying few days. Glad your son survived. Prayers.

Comment

Prayers sir, Glad he is ok!!

Comment

Prayers sent for your son.

Comment

Eye opener for sure. Thank God your son is fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X