Helicopter delivery ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helicopter delivery ?

Does anyone know of a company that could sling and deliver an Airstream to a remote location?

Thanks.

Erickson sky crane.

Comment

5 State Helicopters out of Dallas. Couple of my customers have used them to lift packaged AC units onto a roof.

Comment

I would look up some commercial HVAC subcontractors in your area and ask them who they use. They use helicopters to place roof top units on huge warehouses like Costco where a crane wont reach.

Comment

That will be a big bill

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
            That will be a big bill
            Gonna do a gofundme and work intersections

Comment

They used helicopter to set AC units on WalMart in Lindale when it was new

Report back when you get a quote, would love to know what something like that actually cost

Comment

Alright, I’ll be the one to ask… what’s the situation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the info folks. I called 5 state. Weight is going to be a factor plus they can’t “haul” it, has to be slung and lifted basically close by (not over population). I’d have to drive it as close as I can get it. The UH-60 has max weight of 7,500lbs and is right at $80K. The other factor I’d have to overcome is building some sort of 4 point lift system to hook into. So the main problem with a four point lift system is how to get it certified.

A trailer up to 4,200lbs is about $32K

Looks like my cheapest option is an F250 4x4, chainsaws, ice cold beer, BBQ, and a Basecamp20X model.
                  Last edited by Voodoo; 03-30-2022, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Get you a bunch of helium balloons. It worked to move an entire house in the movie "UP".

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
                      Thanks for the info folks. I called 5 state. Weight is going to be a factor plus they can’t “haul” it, has to be slung and lifted basically close by (not over population). I’d have to drive it as close as I can get it. The UH-60 has max weight of 7,500lbs and is right at $80K. The other factor I’d have to overcome is building some sort of 4 point lift system to hook into. So the main problem with a four point lift system is how to get it certified.

A trailer up to 4,200lbs is about $32K

Looks like my cheapest option is an F250 4x4, chainsaws, ice cold beer, BBQ, and a Basecamp20X model.
                      Call lifting gear higher they rent rigging

Comment

Sounds like you need one of these
                        Attached Files

Comment

Offer your spot as the next Jade Helm LZ

Comment

Build it one piece at a time like Johnny Cash’s Cadillac!

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                              Sounds like you need one of these
                              I think the Afghanis have some they'll rent for cheap- only trick is you'll have to know how to fly it for them.
                              FJB

Comment

Working...
                              X