No announcement yet.

SoClean users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell I just rinse/soak my reservoir, tube and mask in a little white vinegar/water mixture and clean my filter once a week and I'm good. My lungs and ozone do not get along at all..

Comment

I clean mine about every 6 months.
      No joke. I don't use a water tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Slicefixer View Post
        ALL you have to do is FOLLOW instructions. Don't remove the mask from the cleaner until the YELLOW light has gone OFF. Then, when you do (which in my cases is many hours after the yellow light goes off, which, btw, is TWO hours post the end of the cleaning sequence), let the mask air out for a few minutes, and you're good to go. There's ZERO ozone smell when I place my mask on my face. it's idiot proof unless you ARE one.

It never ceases to amaze me how people who have zero personal knowledge or experience about a subject (beyond reading on the internet) think of themselves as an "expert" on a subject.

Your SoClean is defective and doesn't work at all, or mine was putting out WAY too much ozone, or perhaps you are "nose blind" to ozone. Everyone in my family could smell it in the mask with the mask over a foot away from their faces. Put the mask on your face and it was STRONG.

Mine is/was running at 10:00 AM daily, then shortly after lunch I would take the face mask out and lay it on the bed to air out. When I go to bed after midnight, it still had an overpowering ozone odor, 11-12 hours after airing out. My wife even complained about how strong the odor was. She goes to bed about 4 hours before I do and had me lay the mask on a dresser as far away from the bed as the hose would allow.
        I fixed that problem though. I am returning it tomorrow because my new 3B Lumin came in today and it is MUCH better. The only odor with it is a slight burnt, maybe weak campfire like odor. I just got it in today, I'll report back in a week or so.

Comment

No it's not defective, nor is my nose, but, perhaps yours was/is (have you read the load of other positive comments in this posting or did you lock down on only mine? hehehe)......or perhaps you're the new national sales manager for Lumin....😉

Btw, my boss of over 25 years is laying right beside me. Believe me, if she smelled ozone there'd be fire trucks at my house right now....
          Last edited by Slicefixer; 10-22-2019, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
            Your SoClean is defective and doesn't work at all, or mine was putting out WAY too much ozone, or perhaps you are "nose blind" to ozone. Everyone in my family could smell it in the mask with the mask over a foot away from their faces. Put the mask on your face and it was STRONG.

Mine is/was running at 10:00 AM daily, then shortly after lunch I would take the face mask out and lay it on the bed to air out. When I go to bed after midnight, it still had an overpowering ozone odor, 11-12 hours after airing out. My wife even complained about how strong the odor was. She goes to bed about 4 hours before I do and had me lay the mask on a dresser as far away from the bed as the hose would allow.
            I fixed that problem though. I am returning it tomorrow because my new 3B Lumin came in today and it is MUCH better. The only odor with it is a slight burnt, maybe weak campfire like odor. I just got it in today, I'll report back in a week or so.
            Either your SoClean is jacked up or y'all have super sensitive noses. I take my mask out about 30 minutes before bedtime and barely have any smell to it at all. I do go ahead and turn on my CPAP to run some air through it.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
              Either your SoClean is jacked up or y'all have super sensitive noses. I take my mask out about 30 minutes before bedtime and barely have any smell to it at all. I do go ahead and turn on my CPAP to run some air through it.

I did not run air through my CPAP before using it. Maybe that's the issue? However, the ozone coming from my mask was so strong just sitting on my pillow that my wife had me move it as far away as possible so she could get to sleep. It may, or may not, be related but she also woke up with a headache twice in a row during the last few days. I rarely get headaches and did not wake up with one. I felt uneasy about keeping it after reading about the health issues and smelling how strong the odor was.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                I did not run air through my CPAP before using it. Maybe that's the issue? However, the ozone coming from my mask was so strong just sitting on my pillow that my wife had me move it as far away as possible so she could get to sleep. It may, or may not, be related but she also woke up with a headache twice in a row during the last few days. I rarely get headaches and did not wake up with one. I felt uneasy about keeping it after reading about the health issues and smelling how strong the odor was.
                DEFINITE possibility.....if I take mine out as soon as the yellow light goes off the ozone smell is fairly strong.....however it dissipates pretty rapidly to zilch. I'm NOT an expert, but, I would imagine the amount/concentration of ozone a person would have to breath to pose a serious health risk is pretty substantial. Similar to gas fumes, etc. I don't think its like chlorine inhalation in a tank which would kill a person and very quickly. There are some very knowledgeable people on this site and in regards to a wide variety of subjects. Perhaps one will chime in at some point.

Comment

Working...
                X