In Ground Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Ground Blind

Has anyone hunted from an in ground blind/ pit blind for deer. I saw one the other day in south texas and the guy loved it. I cant remember the name of it, or find it on the web. Does anyone know where to find one?
    THANKS!!

Pit blind and they are very pricey!!!

Comment

Build one for cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by stuntriderant View Post
        Pit blind and they are very pricey!!!
        How much can a hole inthe ground cost?

Comment

Hehehehe. Guess not too much if you go tot home depo and pick up some.........some..............shovels!

Comment

they work just as good as anything else .its all in the wind

Comment

Yep there are alot of shovles in the parking lot of hd theyll swarm your truck!

Comment

You mean a rattle snake hotel??? Have fun with all that at 0530 in the dark...

Comment

I have two in ground or pit blinds. One I made out of treated lumber and sealed joints with roofing mastic. Been in the ground 3 years now, no water leaks and no snakes. The second one is a MB Ranch King blind. Now these are very nice and very expensive. The biggest problem was it floating out of the hole with all the heavy rain we had this year. I ended up having to guy wire it down so it wont float out.
                  Very fun to hunt below ground a totally different look. Fun hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydog View Post
                    You mean a rattle snake hotel??? Have fun with all that at 0530 in the dark...
                    This. Don’t ask me how I know.

Comment

Years ago somebody on here posted pictures of a pit blind they built so they could shoot out one window into the feed pen at deer an another window to shoot outside the pen at pigs. I don't remember who it was but a lot of work went into it.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                        Years ago somebody on here posted pictures of a pit blind they built so they could shoot out one window into the feed pen at deer an another window to shoot outside the pen at pigs. I don't remember who it was but a lot of work went into it.

That was Cosmiccowboy, that blind was awesome, I miss Jack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not for whitetail but in RSA where I hunt that is the norm.

Comment

I killed my biggest buck to date from a pit blind shooting a recurve... I dug it using a pick axe, shovel and post hole diggers. It was about 4'x 6' and a little over waist deep (for chew it was chest deep ). I lined it with plywood and poured sac-crete between the back side of the plywood and ground, then covered the plywood with indoor/outdoor carpet. It was on the Moody Ranch right on the Rio Grande south of Del Rio... Lots of snakes there and in over 15 years, never had one snake in the blind. Had wire mesh around it about 3 feet high with camo netting and brush covering it. Tin roof...

Blind from opposite side of feeder:

Click image for larger version

Name:	HoleInTheGround2.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	24665761

View from inside the blind. Note the camera and external monitor. Camera is mounted on a tripod with a remote control arm so I can manipulate it without having to actually touch the camera... just the tripod control arm.
                            Attached Files

Comment

We had 2 of them in Tilden. The shot was dead level at pigs and turkeys, and a little uphill at deer. Those were my favorite blinds. If I could dig holes on my place (it’s pretty much solid rock), I would have put blinds there!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X