No announcement yet.

10mm vs 45 ACP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man that's purty! Have one .45 and 3 10s. Like'm all!

Comment

10mm vs 45 ACP

You coulda got one like this. I wish it didn’t have that big, goofy mag well but otherwise it’s a very surprisingly good gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
        Well dangit! No 10mm this time. Found this laying in the display at Gritr this morning. Couldn't pass it up since I don't already own enough RIA 1911's.
        Double stack 14+1 Tac Ultra 45. Probably run a hunnert rounds thru it tomorrow to break it in and set the sights for 25 yds. Trigger pull is really good and crisp.
        what that sat you back ?

Comment

There ain't no debate which is better in my book. I'm a 10mm fanboy. I haven't picked up a .45acp in years. The STI Perfect 10 just spoiled me rotten. 180 grain bullet whistling along at 1300 or so fps makes the old anemic .45 acp laughable. But I'm more in to hunting although it would probably work quite well for self defense.

Comment

Im going 10mm because I already have a 45 I never shoot. Plus I handload so I can tweak the 10mm loads to my liking.

Comment

.45 if you lean to the fudd side and want a classic that works. 10mm if you lean to the tacticool operator side and want a slightly hotter round that also works. Both if you can't make up your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                Im going 10mm because I already have a 45 I never shoot. Plus I handload so I can tweak the 10mm loads to my liking.
                That's why I stuck with the 45. I load my own and use Starline +P brass and load them to 45 Super. I can push 230gr balls to a tad over 1100 fps from a 5" barrel. Gets me in between the lines of regular 45 and hot 10mm.

Comment

If I can ever get my hands on some .45 Super Starline brass then I can load 185gr XTP or Gold Dots close to 1400 fps. Plus P brass won't stand that pressure and the case volume is not enough anyway. Mostly I will just shoot regular 45 loads with 5.1gr of W231 under 230gr Berry's plated RN for target ammo.

Comment

The biggest difference that I have experienced is that I can hit a 12” steel plate from 100 yards with the Springfield xdm 10mm using Hornady Critical Defense ammo, standing in a modified isosceles stance. But I can’t do that with my 1911 in 45 acp.
                    I like them both and prefer the look of the 1911 but that 10 sure fits the hand well and is a sweet shooter. Never shot the Glock in 10mm but I own a Glock and really like them.

Comment

Well, 100 rounds down the pipe this morning. First mag dump got me real excited. Second mag dump was OK but I needed to slow down some. At 15 yds it started to open up some but then I ain't all that good of a pistol shot. Sights were pretty much dead on except for elevation and again that is most likely the shooter and not the gun. For an $800 auto it's well worth the coins IMO and accuracy is just like I have found with my other Rock Island guns. I ran a few 45 super loads thru it and POI was the exact same out to 15 yds.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X