No announcement yet.

First time CPAP user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It took a couple of months for me to get used to mine. Don’t give up. Totally worth it once you do. I feel so much better the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      Does everyone get a CPAP through a doctor? Or can just anyone go buy one?
      Prescription only, but you can buy one on ebay without prescription.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyG View Post
        Tried out a CPAP last night and I’m not sure about that thing. I cannot figure out how I’m supposed to breathe using it.
        It’s a new design that fits over your nostrils and I’m typically a nose breather (in/out) and it’s tough to exhale with the air blowing up my nose.
        If I exhale through my mouth, I end up with dry mouth and it’s noisy as heck.
        I was really hopeful that this thing would help, but I’m not so sure now…

You have a CPAP, Bi Pap or Auto Pap Machine?

Sounds like you have a CPAP. Did you have sleep study done?

Comment

Originally posted by wilded View Post
          You must breathe through your nose for it to work. I have used one for 20 years and want even take a nap without it. If you breathe through your mouth you will get a dry sore throat. Prop your head up more to keep your mouth shut. After a while you will grab it every time you lay down.
          X2

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
            You have a CPAP, Bi Pap or Auto Pap Machine?

Sounds like you have a CPAP. Did you have sleep study done?

Yes, nasal surgery, allergy therapy , just got mr cpap and getting fitted for a dental appliance. My family has apnea issues and I’ve seen what it does to long term health. Ain’t gonna be me!

Comment

I had a hard time with CPAP. Couldn't exhale. Sleep Dr tried the Bi Pap and I could exhale.
              CPAP I'd same pressure on inhale and exhale

Bi Pap is bi level. Different pressure on inhale and exhale.

Auto pap is the machines algorithm adjusts the pressure automatically as needed

Comment

If you have a Phillips CPAP, better check to see if it is part of the recall…

In June 2021, after discovering a potential health risk related to a part in certain CPAP, BiPAP and Mechanical Ventilator devices, Philips issued a voluntary Field Safety Notice (outside U.S.) / voluntary recall notification (U.S. only).

Comment

Like above, keep mouth shut and breathe through your nose only, you will get used to it pretty quickly and you will love it. Don't get me wrong, it takes a bit, but not too bad.

Comment

No matter what mask works, stick with it, it will save your life !

Comment

Best of luck sir.

I am on my 3rd different mask and changed lots of settings over 30-35 nights and I haven’t made it through a single full night with the mask on yet.

Comment

Just starting cpap. Hope it works, feel like I'm half dead and running out of options...

For people who had severe lethargy, does it make that go away?

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                          Just starting cpap. Hope it works, feel like I'm half dead and running out of options...

For people who had severe lethargy, does it make that go away?
                          Absolutely, at least it did for me.

Comment

It took me a couple of months to get comfortable with it. Just stick with it and you’ll eventually get to where it’s part of your routine. You won’t be able to sleep without it.

Comment

As others have said already it is certainly a game changer. Stick with it and don’t be afraid to try different masks and you’ll find the right combination most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                                Absolutely, at least it did for me.
                                Good to know. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X