No announcement yet.

9.11.01 . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitting in the waiting area of an orthopedic surgeons office. I had a 10:30am Voc rehab doctor conference. Television was mounted on the wall as we were all in disbelief.

Girl I went to HS with was living in NY and 7 months pregnant. Her husband didn’t make it out of the towers before they crumbled down . Michael was on WTC2 89th floor
    RIP to all who died that day, and the following days due to the after effects

http://www.legacy.com/sept11/Story.a...273&location=2

Last edited by Cajun Blake; 09-11-2021, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Just sat down in the break room at Arkansas Nuclear One

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sitting with a rookie on his first day after we got into a good knucklebusting family violence call. We were at the sub putting on a fresh uniform when it came on the news. We watch when the second one struck.

Comment

At work at the Environmental Protection Agency in the Research Triangle Park in North Carolina. The next day, using one of the contracts I managed, I put together a team and sent them to New York to monitor pollution caused by the fires at the twin towers.

Comment

My youngest son was born five days before and I was still home. Woke up and my MIL told us to turn on the TV. Spent the rest of that day in shock that our country had been attacked.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

In the boat house, US Coast Guard small boat station Port O Connor, Tx. Our mission changed that day.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working in the Carrier AC factory in Tyler

One of the things that sticks in my head is the absence of con trails in the sky afterward. Never thought much about them until they were not there

Comment

I dropped my wife off at the airport in Austin. She was traveling to LA for training. As I was leaving the airport the first plane hit. Luckily they halted all flights and they never took off.

Comment

Floating the Nuyakuk River in Alaska with my brother in law and brother on a float hunt for moose. Had a native come by two days after the attack in a power boat upriver and tell us in broken English. Went from being on cloud 9 to thinking the 3rd world war had started.
                    Last edited by Killer; 09-11-2021, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Standing in the hallway about to teach a US History class. Another coach came down the hall and said ‘a plane it the world trade center’…… watched in TV the rest of the day…… a surreal feeling that is hard to explain.

Comment

I had just sold my company on the 5th. I then left for China to visit a few of the buyer's factories over there. I was asleep when my local guide called my room to tell me of the goings on. None of the channels on the tv were in english so I could just watch the videos they were playing over and over. I was able to get through to my wife and she filled me in on what was happening. I left China for Tokyo the next day. At that time Tokyo was the only one that had direct flights to Houston from that area of the world. Several days later they opened up the airport to flights out and I was lucky to be booked on the first flight to Houston they let fly out.

I would like to punch Ilhan Omar in the face for saying, you know some people did something. She is no lady but a demon.

Comment

Just waking up from working the night shift. Turned on the news as usual, our nation was changed in just a few minutes.

Comment

Ft Riley getting ready to go to Kuwait for a 3 month deployment.

Comment

Homeschooled at the time. We had just pulled into Hulen mall in Fort Worth to shop and had heard on the radio there was a plane that hit tower 1. As we pull into Hulen a literal wave of people came our scared, screaming and crying. We rolled down the window and someone told us the 2nd tower was hit. We turned on the radio and a short time later heard both towers collapse and hear about the Pentagon. We got home and watched live for hours! Will never forget Bush’s speech, the cross in the cross beams or the rescue workers faces! Have heard from survivors from both locations and it makes the hair on your neck stand up! Part of the reason I am in EMS!

Never forget!

Comment

I was a freshmen in high school, our teacher (coach marrs) came.in and told us about it. If memory serves me , we watched it on his computer. We didn't do anything the rest of the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X