No announcement yet.

9.11.01 . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my first day off for the week watching the morning news in complete disbelief.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

At work. Frieberg Engineers, Ft Worth. A guy in the office across from me had a small 10" TV and it came across in a news alert. Erbody ran over in time to see the 2nd plane hit. You could have heard a mouse peeing on cotton when that happened.

Comment

I was in class teaching pre-cal. School got out right afterwards and I spent the day watching the TV with my little girls.

Never Forget!

Comment

At work. Stopped at a Valero at US 1-90 and Indian trail in Harker heights.
          Last edited by Jcjohnson; 09-11-2021, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Driving down I-35 from Hillsboro to Waco, late to class of course. Heard it on the radio. Walked in to class and informed my professor and he said “we’re here for AC/DC circuits, that’s not important”. It became important to him when they shut down TSTC. I spent the next couple months expecting to get drafted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I will never forget

I was a junior in high school sitting in english class. We didnt do any school work the rest of the day. When the final bell rang I drove straight to the recruiters office and signed up for the delayed entry program to start basic training at the end of summer the next following year.

Comment

I was in the Intel section of the 325th Fighter Wing at Tyndall AFB, Florida. When the second plane hit I ran to tell my squadron commander that it couldn't be an accident and that we had been attacked. He was watching the news in horror & disbelief on the TV in his office and had already reached the same conclusion. It was very clear to me that we would be at war very soon. The next few weeks were pretty crazy as we armed up our F-15Cs and began patrolling over the southeastern US under Operation NOBLE EAGLE.

Comment

In the air on a flight to Atlanta

Comment

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mwcWVs4Eejg"]Alan Jackson - Where Were You (When The World Stopped Turning) (CMA Awards 2001) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

On a Landplane leveling dirt, heard it on the radio in the tractor

Comment

Was sleeping . Just got of from 14 or 15 nights in a row .

Comment

Senior in HS. Walked into my coaches classroom. Big man. Vietnam vet. I said hey coach a plane crashed into the trade center building. He turned the news on. We watched as the 2nd plane hit. I'll never forget his booming voice cracking as he said, this is no accident. And he sat down with horror on his face.

Comment

My grandma had just died , so my newlywed wife and I were @ home watching tv , when the first plane hit, then we watched the second one and I told my wife “ we are going to war now
                            You better call the compound and get instructions on security measures “
                            Our wedding reception was that coming Saturday, and it was somber after Mimi dying and 9/11

Comment

Welding on some 12” pipe.

Comment

8th grade second period science class. The principal came in and told us the news. I'll never how she started the sentence, "America was attacked this morning" I couldn't understand because I was thinking "in my youthful innocence" how can that happen. We're America! When I saw the news footage when I got home...

Comment

Working...
                                X