No announcement yet.

2021 Formula 1 Season!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I consider myself a pretty hardcore race fan but, I could never get into F1 racing. Dirt tracks and sprint cars have been my thing since the early 1960s. Thunderbird Speedway in Crandall, Texas in the 60s a (no sprinters there....just stock cars and modifieds). Devil's Bowl Speedway in Mesquite, Texas up until 2018.

Now I live one hour away from Knoxville Raceway in Knoxville, Iowa which is the "Sprint Car Capital of the World"

Sprinters will keep you on the edge of your seat.

If you don't believe me watch this highlights video of the feature from the 2016 Knoxville Nationals below.

The winner of this race, Jason Johnson "The Ragin' Cajun" #41, was killed June 23, 2018 in a terrible crash at Beaver Dam Speedway in Wisconsin.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-nseJnSul0&t=1s"]5-hour ENERGY Knoxville Nationals Night #4 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

2nd round of testing the cars is happening now in Bahrain [emoji1041]........Mercedes probably gonna push limits today as they were flat yesterday. I really hope Alpha Tauri keeps up the pack like last year, Pierre Gasly [emoji632] is my underdog pick to show out in 2021!!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Gasly did great on day 2 of testing. Bottas came out on top, and Hamilton seemed to struggle a bit, actually spinning and beaching his MB. Vettel had gearbox issues.

I think the pictures of the cars with flow-vis on them are so cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Haas may have two new drivers but they are confident. I think an American team has a chance for once. [emoji848] Yes, Bottas stepped up as Hamilton was playing in the sand. Red Bull has a set of drivers that will push it......gonna be good competition [emoji106]. These new cars are just......elegant!!! Gasly has worked hard during off season and mentally should be on another page. Heck, I just ordered the new Petronas shirt from Mercedes F1 page......I am stoked!!![emoji964][emoji964][emoji964]

Comment

tagged...F1 & Isle of man tt are the best two best motor sports around.

Moto GP is pretty spiffy too.

Comment

I have rooted for Haas for years. However, I’m not as optimistic for them this year. From what I understand, they haven’t done any updates to the car, instead planning on them for the 2022 season.

Although I’m excited to see Mick Schumacher finally in an F1 car, I don’t care for Mazepin at all. I understand the money dynamics as a pay driver, but wasn’t there someone else without all the baggage?

Here are my predictions for Haas — they will battle Williams this year for for last place, and Mazepin’s father will buy the team in 2-3 years. Hope I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That Isle of Man is off the charts wild!!![emoji33][emoji2962][emoji33]
                I am loving seeing Perez pushing Red Bull.....I can see Verstappen looking [emoji102] at the challenge. Gasly definitely looking good.

Comment

Which F-1 documentary series?
                  (Might only be one, just wanna make sure I watch the right one.)

I can watch Isle of Mann youtubes all day. I wanna go see in person one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                    I consider myself a pretty hardcore race fan but, I could never get into F1 racing. Dirt tracks and sprint cars have been my thing since the early 1960s. Thunderbird Speedway in Crandall, Texas in the 60s a (no sprinters there....just stock cars and modifieds). Devil's Bowl Speedway in Mesquite, Texas up until 2018.

Now I live one hour away from Knoxville Raceway in Knoxville, Iowa which is the "Sprint Car Capital of the World"

Sprinters will keep you on the edge of your seat.

If you don't believe me watch this highlights video of the feature from the 2016 Knoxville Nationals below.

The winner of this race, Jason Johnson "The Ragin' Cajun" #41, was killed June 23, 2018 in a terrible crash at Beaver Dam Speedway in Wisconsin.

5-hour ENERGY Knoxville Nationals Night #4 - YouTube
                    I am with you, I did enjoy F1 last year but ovals are where my heart is, I love Indycar too just not enough round tracks these days.
                    Last edited by bossbowman; 03-14-2021, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                      You know NASCAR is coming to COTA this year?
                      I wonder if they are going to modify the track layout on not require track limits like Indycar did there.

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
                        The fact that Grosjean is still alive is a miracle. My wife and I both thought we'd just watched someone die when he wrecked last season. Beyond scary.
                        Jules Bianchi's crash resulted in the halo that kept Grosjean alive, its still very dangerous they had an F2 driver killed not long ago.

Comment

Day 3 of testing was interesting. Red Bull and AlphaTauri both showed strong pace.

Mazepin is an idiot... “Ha Ha, I almost hit Lewis.”

Am I the only one thinking that Mercedes is sand bagging? I find it hard to believe they have somehow lost this much pace.

Comment

Those Honda engines are for real!!![emoji91][emoji91][emoji91] yes, Mercedes will be fine in a fourth night when it all matters......lol!!![emoji964][emoji964][emoji964] Aston Martin not so much right now......Vettel staying cool shockingly. [emoji33]

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                              That Isle of Man is off the charts wild!!![emoji33][emoji2962][emoji33]
                              I can't recall a season where a rider hasn't died...

Comment

Yes, Vettel is staying cool. But I wonder what he’s thinking?!?!?

Less than 2 weeks until the first race of the season. Can’t wait!

Comment

Working...
                                X