Global warming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by planodano View Post
    only reason to politicize pollution and our effect upon our environment is to allow one group to profit by continuing to destroy our earth or another group to profit by selling us a cure. Both are frauds and their nightly news tribes are frauds. Next time you are flying take a look out of the jet plane. You will see we look like an infection upon the earth. Like an infection we will either kill our host or drown in our own waste.

lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      Co2 production is pollution? Dont green plants and trees need CO2 in order to produce O2? There is no real data that proves Co2 is or could be a dangerous hazard to the planet. I'm fairly sure there is actual data that says Co2 levels were much higher in earths history.
      Not sure anyone could say with certainty that methane is a man made pollutant. Methane can be found in all ice core samples that are millions of years old. It also seeps from the ocean floors and been doing so for millions of years.
      Yes humans pollute.
      No there is no science that says we pollute enough to destroy the earth or change the climate
      The USA does more to clean up and prevent pollution than any other society on earth.
      CO2 levels were much higher back when the earth did not have a adequate atmosphere and a bunch of active volcanoes and what not.
      Yes plants need CO2 to produce O2 but your scenario seems to fit along the lines of a person needing X amount of calorie intake and they keep increasing that intake but workout less and less.

Comment

Ok, I found the answer. It came to me in one of my dreams which BTW have saved me many an Azz whooping from my parents when I was growing up so I trust my instincts---------and dreams.
        Global warming and climate change alarm was created to help increase the sale of tin foil. That's it! Those that bark the loudest prolly got gobs of stock in aluminum companies. I'll even bet Alcoa had a hand in this too! I'll leave it to the readers to figure out what tin foil is used for besides wrapping brisket.

Comment

If man did absolutely nothing to address " climate change" and reverted back to environmental protections of 1900 ( non existant) he earth would still be inhabited by healthy humans, we would still have safe water and food 500 years from now.
          And that there prediction is as accurate and provable as any climate scientist has come up with.

Comment

There is not much debate between the scientist as the the effects of increasing GHG on the climate. What is in a serious debate is how much of a difference human production of Co2 has on the environment. There is some consensus that human production of Co2 only amounts to 5% of total Co2 released into the atmosphere. Debate seems to be centered on the effect of the added 5% and the life of Co2 within the atmosphere. What is not apparent is how much the loss of Co2 sink from deforestation and the decrease of oceanic biomass have on Co2 level. I would guess not a lot or it would be documented.

Cutting that 5% might make a real difference. Remember before 1985 how the litter made Texas look like a giant sheethole. My friend's argument for throwing his empties all along our roadways, was that his trash did not make a difference in the overall scheme of things. Well, I changed his mind by offering a beating in the spirit of "Don't mess with Texas" and then our roadways became an example for the whole nation.

Remember when
            You could walk on Texas beaches without collecting tarballs on your feet.
            Padre Island National Seashore was truly pristine.

People and industry, just clean up after yourselves.

Comment

Texas has about the trashiest roads that I've seen, and I run all over the USA.
              it's just a different class of people down here, and I've lived in Texas my whole life.
              I really don't think it's the good people of Texas doing this crap; but we have a huge problem with people coming in from other states who just don't give a ####.
              and this had started way before the the exodus from commie Cal. NJ, NY just keep on naming them. there is just a lot of people that just don't give a #### about themselves or anyone else.

I have never seen a tar ball on a Tx beach, although i'm sure there have been some in the past. just don't think it's a common thing, and if it was it probably came from somewhere out there where we have no jurisdiction.

Comment

The National Park Service (NPS) quietly removed a visitor center sign claiming all the glaciers at Glacier National Park would disappear by 2020.

Man it gets better every day

Comment

"The total area of Glacier National Park covered in its iconic glaciers shrank 70% from the 1850s to 2015"

That's...good?

Comment

IMO, the greatest threat to our environment is the politicization of the climate change debate. Because all it does is insure that people take sides and little changes. Kind of like where we are with racism. The more broadly the claim of racism is used as a weapon the more others dismiss as though it isn't a problem at all.

That's where we are with climate debate - negative changes or trends in our environment are weaponized to support one side of the argument or the other and oftentimes slanted enough to give the other side cause to dismiss altogether.

I don't know where the line is or even what the line is but I think it perfectly justified to legislate protections that would benefit the environment. From waste to emissions even to urban sprawl and other.

This would never be enough for the whacked out left. So let's encourage them to form their own "green" "sanctuaries" so they can have a "safe place" together.

Comment

The earth is a gazillion years old, but we've settled the climate / weather science when we've only been monitoring for what 200 years max?? Anyone who thinks man has changed anything is taking Way too much credit for what little time our industrial footprint has been around...so if the cows are so bad, how much influence did dinosaur flatulence contribute alone?? Maybe they killed themselves off?? The whole topic is obtuse the way some people say they have any of it nailed down as fact.

Comment

Just take about 3 min to read the stupidity of this article.

Last edited by flywise; 07-09-2019, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Just take about 3 min to read the stupidity of this article.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-a8996741.html
                          So! Since the liberals over exaggerate and make stupid statements we should just say screw it and pollute our *** off?

It's just as stupid to think we have no effect on our planet. You can drive through any major city and see the smog and pollution. I drove through DFW on my way to Tulsa and all the signs warned about a orange air alert. I guess that's great for the planet.

It doesn't matter if we agree whether or not our planet and climate are being harmed. We should all want to protect it as much as we can. Does that mean to go overboard? No! Can we make an impact one way or another? Yes!

Comment

I read or heard recently the greatest period for flora and fauna we know of existed at temps slightly higher than we have now.

I guess my question is; How did we decide the climate we have at this exact moment is optimal?

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                              I read or heard recently the greatest period for flora and fauna we know of existed at temps slightly higher than we have now.

I guess my question is; How did we decide the climate we have at this exact moment is optimal
                              ?
                              When the globalist realized that the best way to screw America was to create a global emergency

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post

I guess my question is; How did we decide the climate we have at this exact moment is optimal?
                                Probably because it's what we are accustomed to.

Comment

Working...
                                X