Gun Trust question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun Trust question

Does a limited trustee equate to a responsible person when purchasing an NFA item?
    In my case "limited trustee" only has right to possess and/or transport property in the trust. Cannot buy or sell
    I am under the impression that they do but I recently read where someone bought an item and thy were the only one (assuming they were settlor) required to submit photo and fingerprints

Wondering if I am wrong or they could potentially get in a bind down the road.

Pretty sure I can get an answer here

In mine I am referred to as the primary trustee/settlor, and my powers are spelled out. The co-trustees only power spelled out is to possess and care for each item of property.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
      In mine I am referred to as the primary trustee/settlor, and my powers are spelled out. The co-trustees only power spelled out is to possess and care for each item of property.
      Pretty much the same as mine but I have not found clarification as to what defines "responsible person"

Sean Cody wrote trust, I don't know of anyone carrying on his practice.

Comment

Unfortunately it’ll depend on the way the trust is worded as to their abilities or responsibilities. Personally I’d consult an attorney such as Jim Willi. He has taken on many of Sean’s customers.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Guess I will contact Mr Willi and see what he can tell me

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
            Does a limited trustee equate to a responsible person when purchasing an NFA item?
            In my case "limited trustee" only has right to possess and/or transport property in the trust. Cannot buy or sell
            I am under the impression that they do but I recently read where someone bought an item and thy were the only one (assuming they were settlor) required to submit photo and fingerprints

Wondering if I am wrong or they could potentially get in a bind down the road.

Pretty sure I can get an answer here
            My understanding is after July 2016 the limited trustee thing no longer works. I too had one of Sean's gun trust. After that time anyone with the right to possess a NFA item is considered a responsible person. If they are listed in the trust when submitted to the ATF you will have to submit the questionnaire, finger prints and passport photo. If you are the only trustee on your trust then you would need to submit only your info when applying for a tax stamp. I paid $79 and had my trust redone by texas-gun-trust.com. So far they have been very helpful. Their system is pretty automated so the turnaround is frequently less than ten minutes.

Comment

Mr Willi answered my question

Comment

Jim is awesome, and extremely responsive. One of the few guys I enjoy recommending.

Comment

Care to share the answer?

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                    Pretty much what you posted before I did

All persons listed as trustees no matter the classification are required to submit documents

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                      Texas-Gun-trust.com and Guntrustguru.com are both Jim Willi.

Comment

Pretty much what you posted before I did

All persons listed as trustees no matter the classification are required to submit documents
                        Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I was on the right page.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                          Unfortunately it’ll depend on the way the trust is worded as to their abilities or responsibilities. Personally I’d consult an attorney such as Jim Willi. He has taken on many of Sean’s customers.

Please share Jim’s contact, if not here via PM. Sean did my trust so I would like someone familiar with his work.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                            Please share Jim’s contact, if not here via PM. Sean did my trust so I would like someone familiar with his work.
                            Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                            Texas-Gun-trust.com and Guntrustguru.com are both Jim Willi.
                            I emailed him yesterday afternoon and phone was ringing within 10min. I was impressed for a Friday afternoon.

Real nice to talk to and I will most likely have him work on my trust after I get through the current purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                              please share jim’s contact, if not here via pm. Sean did my trust so i would like someone familiar with his work.
                              (512) 751-3229.

Comment

Working...
                              X