Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am gpoing to try and go out there on the 19th and come home on the 23rd

Comment

Just got back from Dryden. We filled feeders, cleaned our senderos, and started to set up for bow season. It is hot out there y'all. Make sure you stay hydrated when you're out working. Also, bees are out and about looking for water, so make sure you don't leave any open containers with liquids at camp. We made that mistake on Saturday and when we came back for lunch to camp, it was swarming with bees.

Comment

Headed out....

this Friday and coming back Sunday. I'm hauling 30 bags of corn (half my required 60), my mule and a load of firewood for the camp house. It's gonna be a hot one, but hopefully I can get over to the next door lease and go to the Pecos River. I'm feeding and checking cameras and hopefully we can get on a few hogs. The guys that fed at the last of May saw some big ones, but were only there to feed.

Comment

Going to try and get out to Dryden myself this weekend. Not supposed to be too hot. Might be some rain too.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
            Going to try and get out to Dryden myself this weekend. Not supposed to be too hot. Might be some rain too.
            It looks like it will be about 5 degrees cooler. That means it will only be 108 at the camp house instead of the 113 I saw last year in June.

Comment

We went out last Monday. Have never seen so much grass and green growth in Terrell County and on our place. Deer have a ton to eat naturally. Protein consumption is slow, but still steady. Didn't retrieve my cam this trip, but bro had some good pics show up of potential hit-listers. We wont get too excited until we go back and check the cams in September. Should be a great year for antlers for sure....

Comment

I made it out to my lease near Dryden. Dry out that way. There is a new AT&T cell tower up and I got great AT&T service. Bad new seems to have effected the Verizon signal. I could get my Coverts to eventually get a signal and they would send a few pictures then nothing. They had been working fine. Same way with my Verizon phone. I am going back pretty shortly so I will take my Covert AT&T camera and see how it does. Had about a 6 foot long snake skin in the RV and another one hanging out the floor a/c vent. Non venomous type. I guess they wintered up in there. Will moth balls keep em out? Saw a few deer but mostly quiet out there.

Comment

Anyone been out lately? We are heading there next Sunday to fill and check cameras. Anxious to see if the new cell tower reaches the ranch, but not holding my breath.

Any game cam pics yall want to share???

Comment

Went out Labor Day weekend and set up cams at 13 of 17 stands. Checked one cam after a day and had a nice 9. Going back up October 3rd and will have more pics and maybe something on the ground Looks like we got rain last couple days. Let us know how it looks. Don’t know why the pic is sideways.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Good looking buck!

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                        Anyone been out lately? We are heading there next Sunday to fill and check cameras. Anxious to see if the new cell tower reaches the ranch, but not holding my breath.

Any game cam pics yall want to share???
                        I'm planning on heading out the last weekend of the month. I'm anxious to hear your report about that cell tower as well.

Comment

Hey guys just joined tbh because of this thread. I’ve been lurking around the forum for years, just never thought I had much to contribute. Me and a couple of partners own 1360 acres south of Dryden near the river. We’ve been feeding corn year round since 2002. Hunting has been tough since the drought, and we haven’t killed but one deer in the last five years. Just got back from there last week, north of Dryden had some rain the evening before and there was some puddles in the rd. South of Dryden was extremely dry. I’ll post some pictures if I get some good ones.
                          Cody

Comment

Welcome to the thread Trapper.

Comment

Welcome to the Wild West Trapper.

Comment

That AT&T tower is a blessing. We get signal at camp now!

Comment

Working...
                                X