No announcement yet.

Buying a house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had ours since 1990 and still use it a lot all summer. There is not that much work in maintaining a pool as long as your married and are the boss.

Comment

It all depends on you. Had an above ground, was a bit of a pain to keep going. In ground is a bit easier but you can't get rid of it as easy when you no longer use. People buying houses that want a pool look for houses with a pool, some will not even look at them if there is a pool, so get what you want and have fun.

Comment

Loved my pool. Not a pain to keep up as some say.
        During the season I was in it dang near every day.

Comment

I have a house without a pool I’ll sell you in south Fort Worth

Comment

Buying a house

Easy, “Do you want one or not?”

More in-depth, “What kind of pool are you talking about? Leaking liner, above ground, fiberglass, gunite, trees in the yard? They are the devil!”

I haven’t touched mine in 3 weeks and that was a half gallon of acid and shock. Crystal clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Swampa; 11-15-2018, 08:14 PM.

Comment

After watching my neighbor keep up his, no pool.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

We bought a house in May with a pool. We weren't really looking for a house with a pool. It is a money pit. It has a hot tub and the wife and I use it almost every weekend. Nothing like sitting in a hot tub at night with the wife, listening to music and having a cocktail. It's been well worth it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Money pit and a large liability

Comment

Ive had one for 22+ years......Im currently building a new home.....it will not have a pool.

Comment

It really depends on the owners. I thought our pool was money well spent. Our kids were able use it throughout their childhood. Always hosted church youth groups a couple times during summer. We have entertained and have had plenty of fellowships around it. I tell people thinking about having a pool its simular to having another child with the up keep.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                        It really depends on the owners. I thought our pool was money well spent. Our kids were able use it throughout their childhood. Always hosted church youth groups a couple times during summer. We have entertained and have had plenty of fellowships around it. I tell people thinking about having a pool its simular to having another child with the up keep.

Very nice set up. I have fought the "no pool" battle for a long time but it seems that the wife and kids are set on wanting one. They are at the age that it will get used a lot and maintenance on the newer ones are minimal. So, we are saving up to put one in this next summer. I'm not going into major debt just to have some water in my backyard.

To the OP, choose a house that fits you and if it has a pool than great. If not, will you and the wife be okay with that? Whatever you do, don't buy a house with the thoughts of adding a pool. It is a major expense when you do it after the house is built and doesn't equal out in bringing your house value up. So if it is something that is going to get used often and you don't mind putting in a little work (or get a pool service company) than go for it.

Comment

I probably spend all of 2 hours a month maintaining our pool. I guess if you have a lot of trees that would drop leaves into it it'd be worse.

I love my pool and hot tub and don't think it's a hassle or money pit at all.

Comment

We got it with a pool its our San Antonio Renovate its full remodeled 1977 2300 ft2 it has a nice rectangular pool and its almost a 1/4 acre lot. Nice size suburban lot. It has a lot of neat features, its just me and my wife.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

For us no, for a lot of folks, yes. My sister loves pools. We don't have kids and don't have any family in Texas so one would get no use from us. But lots of folks love them. Just like what bow you shoot, you have to make that decision for your self.

Comment

We used ours every single day before it got too cold. All four of us love it!

Comment

Working...
                                X