Another What's This

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another What's This

A buddy of mine been hunting about 15 years on same ranch in Jim Hogg county and got this on game camera. He hunts about 10 miles off a main road through three locked gates.
    He thinks fat house cat, but I'm thinking world class badger. That's only pic he's got What you all think?

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Badger for sure

Comment

Badger

Comment

Badger

Comment

Porcupine

Comment

Badger

Comment

Not a badger, face isn't pointed or striped....porcupine all day and night, even if its more boring.

Comment

Badger

Comment

Could be a Badger if he is looking to his left which it does look like he might be doing just that. They have longer faces but have never seen one with the tail up high. Don't know. Looks like a woodchuck to me.

Comment

Originally posted by R Dubya View Post
                    Not a badger, face isn't pointed or striped....porcupine all day and night, even if its more boring.
                    Agree. Nothing about that looks like a badger except the black feet.

Comment

Badger? Definitely not a badger and don’t believe it’s a porcupine. It looks like a beaver but his tail is too small!

Comment

It’d very much a badger. He’s walking and looking to the left. Thats a badger tail, front feet and even the two little ear buds.

Comment

Definitely a badger. I've shot tons of those things. It looks to be a healthy one. Porcupines look all black and they're rounder. I've shot a bunch of those too. They're more like a raccoon than a badger as far as the shape of their body goes. They're fat little suckers. Badgers waddle but that's just because they're short legged. They're pure muscle.
                          Last edited by okrattler; 10-13-2019, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Honey badger

Comment

That looks exactly like a badger looking over his left shoulder.

Comment

Working...
                              X