• Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.. let him walk!

Comment

100% let him walk

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
        Looks to be a 135" 6.5 year old. I am thinking antler growth will decrease some from that age.
        No joke. May break 120

Originally posted by Big Red 82 View Post
        I just do not see 5 and def not 6.5. Looks like a 4 year old. I would let him walk.
        I agree. I see 4.5

Comment

I would have taken him. Unless that buck stays within your property, someone else sure may not think like you on an adjacent property, and take the shot. I know I would.

Comment

I see him as a mature 10, if you have mature 8 points then let him walk and kill an 8. That's my way of thinking at least, let him spread his genes a little more.

Comment

I agree with those that have said he's mature enough to be better than that.

I don't think he's a particularly impressive deer and don't think he ever will be. He's nice and will make a great euro, but nothing about that buck at that age screams that he needs more time.

Comment

Well....in true TBH expert scoring and aging fashion, I'm glad we have it narrowed down for the OP......

He's somewhere between 4.5 and 7.5....and scores 115-135.......perfect fellas....well done!!..

Good luck in your decision OP.....Glad we could help.

Comment

6.5 to 7.5. Passing him is for you to decide.. That is a great "kid deer".. He would be put on the hit list on my lease..
                  Its been an above average year for antler growth in the hill country so consider that..
                  I would shoot him early because he will most likely get busted up later..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Well....in true TBH expert scoring and aging fashion, I'm glad we have it narrowed down for the OP......

He's somewhere between 4.5 and 7.5....and scores 115-135.......perfect fellas....well done!!..

If he is 135" then we have numerous 170's on our place...(We don't)..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Lol I didn’t think it mattered in the hill Country if it had at least 8pts he was a shooter and if he had less then 8 he was a cull . So either way kill kill kill [emoji12][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                        I'd let him walk and put that axis in the freezer !!
                        x2

Comment

Another year won't hurt him at all.

Comment

I would let him walk

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I think I'm going to let him roll a year just for breeding purposes. I have a high rack heavy six and an older heavy 8pt the kids shoot. I'm lucky if I hunt anymore as I always have something to work on at ranch. I get more of a kick enjoying the kids hunting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                                Lol I didn’t think it mattered in the hill Country if it had at least 8pts he was a shooter and if he had less then 8 he was a cull . So either way kill kill kill [emoji12][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                That's funny right there

Comment

Working...
                                X