The first Thanksgiving without my Mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first Thanksgiving without my Mom

My Mom passed away on Oct 31 thus year .This is the first Holiday without her I have to admit I'm a pretty strong person but it has been very rough. She would want us to be happy but 51 yrs with a Mom doesn't prepare you for without one . She is in a better place the dementia in the end was rough people that have went through it with parents understand. I'm thankful I still have my Dad and a wonderful wife and 2 great Kids . Sorry for the rambling post its just been a weird day. Hug family and tell them how you feel.

Anthony

No rambling at all sir. I dread even thinking about that level of loss.[emoji120]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I know how you feel sir. It is tough but with time it gets a little easier to accept. But that feeling doesn't ever go away completely. Which is a good thing, it shouldn't. The day you forget about loved ones who have passed on is the day they truly die.

Comment

The voices you no longer hear can sometimes be the loudest. Going through something similar in our family. I’m thankful and blessed with friends and family, but gosh, I sure miss the ones no longer with us. Prayers for you and your family, now and through the coming season.

Comment

I understand bud. Lost my dad several years ago and that was tough the first few holidays without him. It’s been 23 years and we still talk about him at the dinner table every holiday. Can’t wait to see him again one day. Sorry for your loss. It does get better as the years go by.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama View Post
            My Mom passed away on Oct 31 thus year .This is the first Holiday without her I have to admit I'm a pretty strong person but it has been very rough. She would want us to be happy but 51 yrs with a Mom doesn't prepare you for without one . She is in a better place the dementia in the end was rough people that have went through it with parents understand. I'm thankful I still have my Dad and a wonderful wife and 2 great Kids . Sorry for the rambling post its just been a weird day. Hug family and tell them how you feel.

Anthony
            Been there sir. Lost my mom in 2014, she spent her last Thanksgiving with me and my husband and kids. It’s hard to get thru a holiday with that empty chair. Blessings to you.Dementia is a mean disease for sure.

Comment

Anthony you’re not alone my friend. I lost my best friend my Dad seven years ago. Like said above the memories are what keeps them around. We talk everyday. Prayers

Comment

Truly understand, I lost my brother on Oct 19 of this year. Even though we didn’t always spend the holidays together, we text or called one another. Taking it one day at a time but the tears still fall when I think of him.

Comment

Bless your family. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama View Post

Anthony
                    I feel your pain!
                    I’ll be 60 in February I lost momma in 11-11-11
                    I still mis her today!
                    Be blessed

Comment

My most sincere condolences for your loss,going through this same situation. We lost Dad just before last Christmas. Christmas was terribly rough and yesterday as well. Time has a way of easing your hurt but it still seems to come in waves. Will pray for you and yours.

Comment

I know where you are coming from, and you have my condolences. Lost my mom Oct 12, 2012, wish i could hug her neck one more time, and eat a plate of her chicken and rice.

Comment

Prayers up for you and your family. I can’t say it gets better, at least not in my heart. My mother passed in 1992. I was 21 at the time, now at 51 I still miss her greatly. Holidays are rough.

Comment

Prayers up for you and the family. Lost my Dad 12-10-19 and I have those days where it's pretty tough to do anything other than to think of him. Focusing on the good times and memories that were made together helps some. Stay strong and keep your heart right until your reunited on those streets of gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                              No rambling at all sir. I dread even thinking about that level of loss.[emoji120]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                              x2

Comment

Working...
                              X