2021 Crappie Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3under3 View Post
    I have livescope on a dedicated Gyll and really like it. I plan to replace the trolling batteries next. I think David said gyll wasnt a good starting battery option?
    No sir! Most motors say do not use a lithium for starting. Checked out some stuff I haven’t fished in a long time and found some new stuff! We stuck 30 in the cooler in 3 hours! Fished 12-3! Beats work! Little man hasn’t shanked slabs in a while! Headed to Oklahoma after thanksgiving to see if we can find a few ducks!

Comment

Garmin has a $200 rebate on Livescope now until the end of the year I believe! If you got everything else you need try out a pair of Hook and Bullet Light Pros! They’re the only sunglasses I’ve been able to put on in the morning and take off when I’m done cleaning fish! My 580s were back and forth between my hat and my face all day long! Not with these. They’re not cheap but nothing good is!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
        Garmin has a $200 rebate on Livescope now until the end of the year I believe! If you got everything else you need try out a pair of Hook and Bullet Light Pros! They’re the only sunglasses I’ve been able to put on in the morning and take off when I’m done cleaning fish! My 580s were back and forth between my hat and my face all day long! Not with these. They’re not cheap but nothing good is!!
        Thanks for the heads up

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

[emoji91]

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Mallard man we are gonna need a report. What's the secret!?

I fought some wind yesterday on RC. Caught a few nice ones under the bridge. All the brush and timber were smaller fish. Only needed enough to make some smoked fish dip. Will report back tmw on the dip!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
              Mallard man we are gonna need a report. What's the secret!?

I fought some wind yesterday on RC. Caught a few nice ones under the bridge. All the brush and timber were smaller fish. Only needed enough to make some smoked fish dip. Will report back tmw on the dip!
              Had someone cancel so I decided to take a quick trip out since I was already on my way. Fished 7:30-930 trolling motor switch broke 1 fish shy of a limit. Drop or find brush. I guide on lake Houston and Conroe.

Comment

Look forward to hearing how the smoked fish dip goes!! Jenko has 30pxt off now through Monday on their website! If your looking for a dang good crappie rod at a great price look em up! I run mainly 11’ mid seat Kevin Rogers rods on my trips. Little man likes the 10’ and we both cast and shoot docks with the 7’ Trick Sticks! Spring time I’m gonna give their X15 a workout. For the $$ the Kevin Rogers can’t be beat IMO. Good mix of sensitivity and backbone!

Comment

Dip is good! Not near as good as Rick's though! I think next time I'll try cream cheese instead of sour cream.

Comment

I ate a whole container last time I was at Ricks!! That stuff is good!! Fish get the weekend off! Made it to Okarche to chase ducks with my buddy! Little man loves him some bird hunting! He comes by it honestly! That was my thing before kids!! Too old and fat to chase em across the country anymore!!

Comment

Zach has been talking about coming up and going fishing with me for a couple of years.
                      We finally made it happen this morning.
                      It turned out to be a great day to be on the lake and he beat the beaks off the fish.

As they used to say in my home town paper… A good time was had by all
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	F6F4A890-5A38-4546-87DA-9B7A57335165.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	24669836

Name:	58ACBDB8-450A-46B1-9946-01AFF0EAF680.jpeg
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	24669837

Name:	DBAF6A6C-003A-4C1F-B34B-F4524A9D492F.jpeg
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	24669838

Comment

Great fishing with great company! Can’t wait to do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                          Zach has been talking about coming up and going fishing with me for a couple of years.
                          We finally made it happen this morning.
                          It turned out to be a great day to be on the lake and he beat the beaks off the fish.

As they used to say in my home town paper… A good time was had by all
                          [ATTACH]1071813[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1071814[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1071815[/ATTACH]
                          Cool fishing trip, “A good time was had by all” and also “Some good eating had by all” too!

Comment

Originally posted by mallardman02 View Post
                            [emoji91]

Mallardman I really like your stringer photos. Question I have do you string them just for the photos or just hang off the boat because you don't have a cooler.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

We’re in the deer blind this eve! Trying to get little man on a wide 8 we saw yesterday! Then hoping OSU can whip the Sooners at the bar while we have Eichens delivered! Need Auburn to win and the Tigers to beat that collie tail and it would be a great day! Quick duck hunt in the am then back to Texas! Crappie are in trouble next week!!

Comment

Good luck to little man and gig em! [emoji48]

Comment

Working...
                                X