This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Go Pokes View Post
    Initially thought Gundy but he just signed a new renewing 5 year contract.
    Well there you go, I didnt know he signed.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post

A name that never gets thrown around that I think would be the best candidate for LSU is Mike Gundy. He does a hell of a job with a class ranking around 40 every year. Can’t imagine what he could do with a top 5 class ranking every season.
      Gundy has flirted with a lot of jobs in the past, but always stayed put. Gundy and T Boone butted heads at times, so once he passed he may not have as much problems as well. I have always respected what Gundy has done at OSU because he has adapted several times to stay ahead of the curve in the conference.

Comment

Keep seeing Bob Stoops' name being thrown around for the Florida job. Don't see him coming back to college football but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
          Jimbo was hired within a week of Sumlin being fired. Everyone thought Sumlin was on his way out but it wasn't official till around thanksgiving. Jimbo Was announced new head coach a week later. A&M definitely had a new coach before the old one was let go.

I personally don’t think LSU had their new coach locked in when it was announced Coach O was going to be let go, but who knows.

A name that never gets thrown around that I think would be the best candidate for LSU is Mike Gundy. He does a hell of a job with a class ranking around 40 every year. Can’t imagine what he could do with a top 5 class ranking every season.
          You're right about Gundy. He does a lot with what he has to work with.

But we've seen how Mullen did with 3-stars at Miss St then fall on his face with 5 stars at Florida, against an easier line up.

It's like there is some sort of magical 'it factor' that can't be seen in advance, just has to happen, unless it's Nick Saban

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
            You're right about Gundy. He does a lot with what he has to work with.

But we've seen how Mullen did with 3-stars at Miss St then fall on his face with 5 stars at Florida, against an easier line up.

It's like there is some sort of magical 'it factor' that can't be seen in advance, just has to happen, unless it's Nick Saban
            Kind of my point. Only a few active national championship coaches, and none of them are leaving where they are at. I’d be going after Gundy with LSU bankroll and resources.

Comment

Originally posted by Go Pokes View Post
              Keep seeing Bob Stoops' name being thrown around for the Florida job. Don't see him coming back to college football but you never know.
              Hey man where you been? I knew I wasn't the only OSU fan around here

Comment

Dennis Dodd with CBS reporting that Fickell will stay at Cincy.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  Tough crowd....sometimes better to watch the mess than to be knee deep in it. Just hope Sanders can keep it together this weekend and beat the hippies from Norman.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    Ditto here...

Go Pokes! - I am paying for a bachelors there in Accounting (Cory)
                    Gig em Aggies! - Doing same for his twin bother (Blake) in Engineering
                    Go Cats! - Paid for two here (my own @ SWT and my daughter Haley's @ Texas State).

Lot's T Shirts in the Moseley household, the only and forever constant is OU and Texas equally SUCK!

Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Don’t know much about him.
                      Attached Files

Comment

2021 College Football - Week 13

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post

He’s not good. He’s the face of inflated rankings that the service ran by UT honks continues to give bumps. He ran a fancy track time once but doesn’t have good football instincts. [emoji2369][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Never broke through and became a true starter, but that's not saying much based on the turmoil that has taken place with coaching changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                            He’s not good. He’s the face of inflated rankings that the service ran by UT honks continues to give bumps. He ran a fancy track time once but doesn’t have good football instincts. [emoji2369][emoji23]

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Another of the great #3 class in 2019 who isn't contributing and transferring. No surprise.

Texas' starting safety is a grad transfer WR. It was supposed to be Owen's position this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post

Rivals had him as a 4, ESPN 4 and 247 a late 5. These rankings are based on camps more than anything these days.

Composite 4

Comment

Working...
                                X