No announcement yet.

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have my RV and boat down there. Try to go twice a month during the off season. I get pretty busy from November to January, then the javi hunts start! Send me your number so we can visit or call my 956-645-2775

Jerryg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got it Jerry - sending you my Contact info and we will dial it in! Got a few of us there regularly and Glen will have zones and daily updates with trends so we can at least go in with some basics to fish the patterns.

Comment

A lot of big ol reds in the back lakes. I caught 4 over 30"s. Had to really look for slot reds. I did find em though.

Comment

Forgot the picture
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice Kevin! It was a beautiful day to be on the water!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

The trout was hanging with a school of reds. Caught and released a couple big flounder out there too. It was a chilly boat ride Saturday but this morning was nice.
              Attached Files

Comment

I was able to fish one day last week and had a big red, 28”-29” that got off right at me and one big trout.

Was a great day to be on the water even if it was a little slow. Thankful for the freedoms we have and the blessings God has given us.

Comment

Nice trout man.

Comment

Had an awesome morning on my Hobie Pro Angler a few days ago, and caught my PB redfish. Heck of a fight!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLcwVnZxeO8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLcwVnZxeO8[/ame]

This was definitely a reminder to keep a set of fish grips in the kayak. I usually move mine between my boat and my shore fishing bag, and forgot them this time.

Comment

Fished 2 days last week.
                      First day was fishing a gut with an outgoing tide. Standing in knee deep water casting into waste deep. Pretty much a ledge even though not that much of a depth difference. Fish were on the drop off.
                      Ended up catching 12 trout and 1 flounder.

Second trip, was on my way home from picking up the wife a kayak. Stopped at an old spot I hadn’t fished in about a year. Was glad to see access hadn’t been cut off.
                      Fishing a flat with sand and grass, knee to thigh deep. My dad lost a flounder at hand, and a few bites. I missed 2 bites and stuck 1. The wife got skunked.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Found a few in a new back lake. Two of the Reds looked like footballs their bellies were so big. They were full of shrimp.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Sheesh! That trout looks like a football!

Fished Sunday morning with my old man at the same place I fished Monday. Ended up catching 3 trout, 4 Flounder, and 3 reds.

Hadn’t had to deal with a potlicker in quite some time. All I can say is I didn’t miss them.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Gunna hit the salt Friday of course weather looks pretty crappy 15-20mph north wind, definitely not ideal...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Gonna drag the Mowdy down to POC friday also. A double front & rain may make it interesting. Sunday am could be nice.

Comment

Caught about 30 sinks on my first drift this morning. Changed and fished paddle tails instead of DOA. Caught 6 keeper trout, one red, and 4 flounder on being a saddle blanket all released. Fun morning with my two boys.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X