No announcement yet.

Enchanted Rock Antlerless Spike 11/9 -11/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back at it. They just weren't moving this morning. 1 boar hog about 190 with good cutters was shot. I think the wind probably kept them down. They were out and about last night. They left a lot of scat in my corn. Hopefully with the front coming, they will move this evening.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      Back at it. They just weren't moving this morning. 1 boar hog about 190 with good cutters was shot. I think the wind probably kept them down. They were out and about last night. They left a lot of scat in my corn. Hopefully with the front coming, they will move this evening.

Hope you are seeing something, anything yet?

Comment

It must be the moon phase and time. My neighborhood deer are moving after dark right now.

Comment

Nothing this evening. Heard some blowing. But they don't blow like a lot of other deer. More so to slightly clear sinus.

I'll get a meat report when I get back to my truck. I did hear 2 different shots.

Comment

Waiting on Uber driver right now. [emoji23]

Comment

Man, personal drivers? That's a high class hunt right there. I've parked in the wrong neighborhood. If I were hunting there I'd have to scrap the Chevy and put a BMW up on blocks!

Good luck tomorrow Mike. It's gonna be the day. I can feel it.

Scouted one of my home lakes. Had a few rafting out in the open. Maybe 20 or so. Resting greys I suspect.

Comment

Thanks JD. [emoji846]

1 big boar killed this evening. That was all.

Now, for some shut eye.

Comment

My last day. I'll skip the morning hunt tomorrow and head back to the metro-mess. Gotta pick up a lab dog before noon Saturday. And don't wanna drive in late Friday.

7:20, and I haven't heard any shots from anywhere in the region! Very unusual for Llanno/Fredericksburg area.

Comment

Tough timing I guess. Thanks for the effort

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In 2020 when nobody was working they killed them all

Comment

Well, I had something in over night. Had most of a 50 lb bag on the ground. Deer had been in it overnight on Tuesday night. I heard some lambs coming up the canyon while waiting for my ride last night. I counted 14 curnels of corn left just now. I'll bring a bit for this evening just to see what happens.

Comment

I went on a hunt there and will never go back. The 3 deer that were killed were all killed at the same spot. I actually left with 2 days left to hunt. Didn't see a deer or animal. We actually have 20 acres that is 9 miles south on 965 and see animals all the time, so it was weird not seeing anything. Plus the blinds that I was in were not the best.

Comment

Totals so far: 8 deer and 4 pigs.

They are here. Ranger said the camping area was full of them last night. Lots of clear area and green browse there.

Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-11-2021, 12:44 PM.

Comment

I've been seeing lots of them on the roadside in the morning darkness and at night. Thought I was going to clobber one thing morning on the way to the hunt.

Comment

Surprised you aren't killing more. Looks like you are the first gun hunt at the park. I know some of those park hunts, if you are on the last hunt of the year it's been shot up pretty well by then at each blind site.

On a positive, at least they know the corn is there and maybe they'll slip in earlier tonight. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X