Somerville 21-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
    Box 5 is other the area in deanville threw the guys property on the yegua creek side

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Ah ok. I haven’t ever been that far on that unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We did lots of spot and stalk for pigs through that unit for a few months after last season. I lost count on how many stands we came across out there. They weren’t all cheapies either but they were all missing the seat cushions. I’m guessing they meant to leave them there but take the cushion just in case so at least if someone uses their stand it’s not comfy. We found at least three full on feeders that were still throwing out corn. Somebody puts in a lot of work carrying all that corn back there.

Comment

Originally posted by rem788 View Post
        We did lots of spot and stalk for pigs through that unit for a few months after last season. I lost count on how many stands we came across out there. They weren’t all cheapies either but they were all missing the seat cushions. I’m guessing they meant to leave them there but take the cushion just in case so at least if someone uses their stand it’s not comfy. We found at least three full on feeders that were still throwing out corn. Somebody puts in a lot of work carrying all that corn back there.

Hahaha yep game carts come in handy hauling the feed in after season

Comment

Hahaha yep game carts come in handy hauling the feed in after season

I’ve thought about getting one for a few years now just to get animals out. The problem is that I don’t want to leave it in the truck to get stolen and I don’t want to drag it in and out with me creating a highway for everyone to follow.

I’ve halfway though about tying up fluorescent surveyor flagging to purposely lead people any other direction.

Comment

5 is a good area to hike back into. Lots of pigs in there to stalk. This is the area I noticed feeders and bumped into a guy that hauled sack of corn with a game cart this past May or June. Middle of the day on like a Monday I think. Needless to say I was surprised to find someone about a mile back there at that time.

I hunted 3 a lot and someone had a nice feeder set up a few yards off an oil field road.

I try and have areas at each parking spot so I am not limited. I have more scouting to do the next off season and hopefully will get more of a feel this season on deer pressure and movement. I found one spot with minimal hunter sign all summer. As no sign of past hunters except for one old stand in an area I didn't plan to hunt. In the past month, a lot more but I haven't figured out if just one hunter from my game camera or several others. I was hoping it might be someone on here

Comment

Anyone watching the weather for this weekend? Looks like it will be a rainy opener.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretengineer View Post
                Anyone watching the weather for this weekend? Looks like it will be a rainy opener.
                Ahhh it's just some rain 2 yrs ago we watched the creek break bank and rise 2 ft in a hr up our trees lol it be ok lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pretengineer View Post

It sure looks like it’s gonna be a wet one depending on where you look. I have three different percentages of rain then another says mostly cloudy. Either way, I got a frogg togg suit and I’m going out there regardless of the weather.

Comment

Ahhh it's just some rain 2 yrs ago we watched the creek break bank and rise 2 ft in a hr up our trees lol it be ok lol

Lol!!! I remember several years back driving by and it looked like a lake out there as far as the eye could see.

Comment

It sure looks like it’s gonna be a wet one depending on where you look. I have three different percentages of rain then another says mostly cloudy. Either way, I got a frogg togg suit and I’m going out there regardless of the weather.

Lol come on man you can't be that committed lol you know dang well we gonna be out there! Lol

Comment

Lol come on man you can't be that committed lol you know dang well we gonna be out there! Lol

Oh I’m going! My buddy that just started hunting out there with me last season has already been making some comments about the rain basically trying to back out. I told him I’m going rain or shine. It’s been way too long since I’ve been in a tree.

Comment

Oh I’m going! My buddy that just started hunting out there with me last season has already been making some comments about the rain basically trying to back out. I told him I’m going rain or shine. It’s been way too long since I’ve been in a tree.

Haha listen in the last 13 yrs iv been there hunting after it stops iv seen more deer than ever so ill sit it out its not cold yet so alil rain may feel good haha

Comment

Shot just as creek was breaking banks and flooding out. Lucky shot for me - she dropped dead. Ended up having to swim across creek to get her back to road. Lol

What a hunt that was!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
                              Shot just as creek was breaking banks and flooding out. Lucky shot for me - she dropped dead. Ended up having to swim across creek to get her back to road. Lol

What a hunt that was!

Ya "hey come help me drag her put creeks not that deep yet" BAM over my head crossing creek

Comment

Ya "hey come help me drag her put creeks not that deep yet" BAM over my head crossing creek

Comment

Working...
                                X