Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post
    Anyone finding steel shot anywhere?
    I have enough to get me going, but haven't seen much, just mainly 3-1/2", guessing it's left overs from last year.
    I've been in both Bass Pro and Academy in SA within the last week and have seen steel shot in both places. Academy had a decent number of boxes of Hevi-Steel on Friday. Bass Pro had a few boxes of steel but most of what they had on the shelf were the bismuth and tungsten loads. Neither have had much until recently, so it's starting to show back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck hunter332 View Post
      If anyone would like to take along this year lmk
      I would be interested. I have a boat, duck dog and dekes. Where are you located?

Comment

Seeing if you guys can Help me out!!
        I got a 1979 Evinrude 70 hp that I'd like to get running before the second half of the season but it needs some work. Can anyone recommend a reliable boat mechanics???
        anywhere from Huntsville down to Galveston?
        Last edited by Matthewc131; 08-18-2021, 03:43 PM.

Comment

I be ready for everything! And some more not shown in the pics. Waiting on a Steel Master to show up. Already got all the components for reloading too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210818_190822.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	24658596Click image for larger version

Name:	20210818_190904.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	24658597

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Shotguns are clean and chokes replaced. Have 4 boxes 12g and 5 20g. Looking for 410 steel now.
            Have 2dz mixed teal floaters, 2 ripplers and 2 mojo with new batteries.
            Still debating, am I going to wear shorts or waders? Too hot for waders, but I'm slightly allergic to hydrilla.

I'm an over the road driver and am going to stay out till the 6th or 7th so wanted to get ready before the day of. Anyone else prepping already?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll probably get excited about ducks once I start seeing em crappie fishing. That said the fishing is awesome in the fall! I’m debating selling my ProDrive rig but my wife tells me little man will be a teenager soon and mad his dad sold the duckboat when he wants to go. She’s probably right, I just hate seeing it sit there. Maybe plan some trips OOS and drag it along. I’m not gonna fight the public land crowds in E Tx. I’m not that mad at em anymore but I sure used to be!! I had a X Catastrophe team manager on a trip the other day and we got to talking about storms and I told him I turned down an ice storm in 2007 because I was too close to killing 1000 ducks on hunts I went on to go to work! I told my boss call me in a week and I will be ready. Killed 1007 that season and got called out to work while we were taking the pics! That year was awesome! He laughed and said he heard the story of a guy who turned down stupid money to kill ducks but didn’t know who he was. Missed a week at thanksgiving. A week and Christmas and the last 2 weeks of season but we went all over. Teal hunted Texas. Then went to N Dakota. Then west Texas and Texas along with Oklahoma and Arkansas. That was all pre kids!!
              Last edited by Slew; 08-22-2021, 01:02 PM.

Comment

As a group yall shot a thousand birds or you personally shot that?

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
                  Shotguns are clean and chokes replaced. Have 4 boxes 12g and 5 20g. Looking for 410 steel now.
                  Have 2dz mixed teal floaters, 2 ripplers and 2 mojo with new batteries.
                  Still debating, am I going to wear shorts or waders? Too hot for waders, but I'm slightly allergic to hydrilla.

I'm an over the road driver and am going to stay out till the 6th or 7th so wanted to get ready before the day of. Anyone else prepping already?

Yep got the gun cleaned up and ready to go.

I wear waders to keep the mosquitos bites to a minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                    As a group yall shot a thousand birds or you personally shot that?
                    Hunts I went on as a group! Don’t go internet game warden on me! 60 days times 6 ducks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Txpepper View Post
                      I would be interested. I have a boat, duck dog and dekes. Where are you located?
                      Pm sent

Comment

I may try to re post this in this thread a couple times. Any chance you waterfowl guys can keep your 3” or bigger hulls? I’m considering reloading next year and those are booger to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                          Hunts I went on as a group! Don’t go internet game warden on me! 60 days times 6 ducks!!
                          Did you say you did that with lead also?

Comment

Looks like the GFS model is predicting a solid Cat 2 or 3 hurricane to smack houston Sept 5-6th.

That’s about on time to mess up the yearly dove opener weekend and would push around the teal already showing up.

Comment

Originally posted by zac221 View Post
                              I may try to re post this in this thread a couple times. Any chance you waterfowl guys can keep your 3” or bigger hulls? I’m considering reloading next year and those are booger to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Just remind us as the day gets closer. We usually just throw them in a sack and then into a dumpster. How many are you looking to get?

I've been thinking of reloading as well. If you don't mind, which press are you running and where are you getting your components from?
                              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                Did you say you did that with lead also?
                                Only when water swatting flocks at night with the punt gun! That suckers old, don't want to mess up that barrel with steel shot!

Comment

Working...
                                X