Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
    Anyone ever left a big spread out all season? Like 6-8 dozen. Private water
    I don’t pick up decoys. As posted above though, we have quite a few out in most of our spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
      Can I put a blind up Boggy?? (Matagorda)
      Anyone know?
      Thanks
      Yes, you can do whatever you want. Now whether it’s legal or not, is not up to me.

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
        It’s all good! We can catch up during big duck! What weekend are y’all hunting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        The 25th. And maybe a crane hunt later
        Originally posted by Leemo View Post
        Can I put a blind up Boggy?? (Matagorda)
        Anyone know?
        Thanks
        Of course. But the mud is atrocious

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
          I gotta ask, what’s up with the binos in the blind??
          Well, sometimes it's nice watching stuff that's over 3/4 miles away at my age, like gulls and turns picking the left overs from stripers hitting top of water, diver ducks feeding out in the middle of the lake, hogs or is it dogs out on the beach, whos that people in that boat question (which I carry binoculars when I'm fishing too), or who is that in the blind half mile or more away? And sometimes it's just nice to sit and watch various types of shore birds closer. Lots of reasons to keep some binoculars handy in the boat, the truck, and at home.

I hunt big water inland most of the time.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

I usually set 6-8 dozen out. But pick them up each time. Public lakes.

Comment

Dang you guys got a bunch of stuff! I throw out about 10 decoys. Partly because it looks more natural than a giant spread where I hunt but mostly because unless I'm in the boat I've got to carry them for a mile

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                Dang you guys got a bunch of stuff! I throw out about 10 decoys. Partly because it looks more natural than a giant spread where I hunt but mostly because unless I'm in the boat I've got to carry them for a mile
                I need to go this route, we been hauling 3-4 dozen and it sucks lol.

Comment

I used to carry in 3 dozen or so with waders, gun, and gear before I got my first boat. But that was well over 35 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                    Well, sometimes it's nice watching stuff that's over 3/4 miles away at my age, like gulls and turns picking the left overs from stripers hitting top of water, diver ducks feeding out in the middle of the lake, hogs or is it dogs out on the beach, whos that people in that boat question (which I carry binoculars when I'm fishing too), or who is that in the blind half mile or more away? And sometimes it's just nice to sit and watch various types of shore birds closer. Lots of reasons to keep some binoculars handy in the boat, the truck, and at home.

I hunt big water inland most of the time.

That makes good sense. I was genuinely curious. I have a good pair in my truck and another pair on the porch so I can get to them quickly if I need to see something. I’m definitely a bino fan.

I typically only hunt for an hour and half or so every morning so I’m a minimalist in the blind. If we go to the woods, you can’t see anything anyway and really I’ve never felt like I needed them in pits. I think I’d just get frustrated if we weren’t shooting much and I could see a couple thousand sitting two fields over! 😂

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                      Same here if I throw 2 duz out it’s a lot of deeks

Comment

In. Ready for Teal season!

Comment

I'm ready, but I think my 12 y.o. is more excited about this year. First time hunting with a shotgun last year, he was laying them down pretty good.
                          And now, he's wanting to use a 12ga. (And my 12 kicks less than the youth 20.)

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by canoe1 View Post
                            i'm ready, but i think my 12 y.o. Is more excited about this year. First time hunting with a shotgun last year, he was laying them down pretty good.
                            And now, he's wanting to use a 12ga. (and my 12 kicks less than the youth 20.)

sent from my moto z (2) using tapatalk
                            nice!!!

Comment

A little over a month now boys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buck hunter332 View Post
                                Tilden Texas will travel anyway hane a gator tail rig and take most of duck season off
                                I'm in NE Texas so about as far away from you in TX I could get but if you'd ever make it here anyway I'd love to take you up on that offer.
                                Me and a buddy of mine are going into our third season this year but neither of us had any experience or anyone to show us and mostly hunting public land we are having limited success. If anyone ever wants someone to hunt with we'd love to tag along and maybe gain some more knowledge as well.

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X