No announcement yet.

Son’s ‘83 Chevy Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

going for an all stock look? if not, make the new headliner camo or whatever. i plan on doing it in my truck.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoPoizkD4Us"]HOW-TO: Custom Camo Headliner - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

That’s great, my son is 13 and wants a square body so we are on the lookout.

Comment

Originally posted by dhall1414 View Post
        going for an all stock look? if not, make the new headliner camo or whatever. i plan on doing it in my truck.

HOW-TO: Custom Camo Headliner - YouTube
        Looks good! He ordered a new one from LMC.

Comment

Sure is refreshing knowing there are still young men out there with bright futures. Great work!

Comment

Cooter looks like he has a great project that should provide a few valuable life lessons.

I can't tell from the pictures, but if he is not using jack stands, make sure he does. Once is all it takes.

Comment

Dualed out with Glass packs right?

I picked up an 81 C20 that me and my sons are working on (7 & 11). I told them about my dads old ford that had glass packs, and now that is all they talk about. Dad....do they make glass packs for go karts? LOL

Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by pontiac View Post
                Cooter looks like he has a great project that should provide a few valuable life lessons.

I can't tell from the pictures, but if he is not using jack stands, make sure he does. Once is all it takes.
                There were jack stands. Making sure he knows safety first.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                  Dualed out with Glass packs right?

I picked up an 81 C20 that me and my sons are working on (7 & 11). I told them about my dads old ford that had glass packs, and now that is all they talk about. Dad....do they make glass packs for go karts? LOL

Good times.
                  I really want to dual it out with glass packs, but it’ll have to be down the road.

Comment

Manchild had a baseball game this morning. He got home and got busy while I was at work.
                    Headliner and upper trim is in. Looks so much better and he did good work. Hopefully we can get the floor cleaned and carpet in this weekend between games. Have to order more paint for the lower trim and sun visors, a new LED dome light, and new door strikers. Also gonna try to pick up a new steering wheel from Summit Racing this weekend too.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	AF823095-1C0C-480E-8AFC-E5B49EF5F875.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	24656722

Name:	4D0141F0-B181-4D1E-8BC2-3B86C1155508.jpeg
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	24656723

Name:	B3A58BC7-C37B-4D57-8C35-37E0E7A7E2BA.jpeg
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	24656724

Name:	35CF7158-3B69-4AA2-93E2-66AC1817F05A.jpeg
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	24656725

Comment

Very cool, keep pics coming

Comment

Dang….. he did good work. Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Baseball games and workouts have kept him busy the last couple days. The power windows were slower than heck. Probably needs new motors and regulators, but I saw on YouTube to clean the tracks and spray with silicone. I did that and they are working much better now.

Joe got the rear wall carpet in today. Hopefully get the carpet in for at least a dry fit tomorrow.

Name:	78A78CF0-CA5E-4B93-997A-CF18C294C35D.jpeg
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	24656918

Name:	2F6A8440-56B0-46BA-B56B-4312B4CB9834.jpeg
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	24656919

Comment

Following. I'd still be trying to get the tires off for brakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                                Following. I'd still be trying to get the tires off for brakes.
                                He got em off a whole lot faster than he got em back on. 😂

Comment

Working...
                                X