2021 Crappie Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
    Although this isn't as tempting as some recent pics! Here is tonight's dinner. Crappie cakes and parmasean crusted crappie in the air fryer. Only complaint is I didn't have any leftovers!
    I need to try that looks great

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
      I need to try that looks great

Me to. Wonder when he'll invite us over?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        Me to. Wonder when he'll invite us over?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        Well of course he would. If not I'm going to tell his mom

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
          I've got a small pond behind my house, maybe 1/2 acre in size. I rigged up my new Livescope on a John boat a couple of days ago and looked around the pond. There are definitely some fish in there, and the pond is 9' deep. I need to put some structure in it and try fishing it again. The only time we tried to fish it was the when we moved in almost 3 years ago. I caught one crappie, with the black stripe along the spine.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
          That looks great! Gotta admit that this pond has never had a fish finder in it. I'd love to see the bottom and compare it to what I've "felt" over the years.

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
          Although this isn't as tempting as some recent pics! Here is tonight's dinner. Crappie cakes and parmasean crusted crappie in the air fryer. Only complaint is I didn't have any leftovers!
          OK I definitely need that crappie cake recipe.

Comment

Post the recipe and cooking time on the parmesan air fryer recipe if you don't mind.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post
              What would be a go-to minnow-replacement lure for a farm pond that is overrun with crappie? We usually fish my mom's place with minnows but she told me that the local bait shop went out of business.
              I need to get 80-100 out of there.
              For the past couple of years we have just been using goldfish from Petco since there are no minnow places around us. .15/piece = 80crappie....$12

Comment

We pulled 150#'s of crappie out of my pond last year. The biologist I use said I should have taken another 100#'s.

Comment

We are going to try Fork again on Saturday. This is our second trip and the first one wasnt productive. My 9yo daughter wants to catch some fish! Hopefully, I can figure out where they are hiding this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
                    We pulled 150#'s of crappie out of my pond last year. The biologist I use said I should have taken another 100#'s.

https://ibb.co/H49ZwdS
                    That's a good looking fishing hole right there. How many surface acres is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Txsurveyor2014 View Post
                      We are going to try Fork again on Saturday. This is our second trip and the first one wasnt productive. My 9yo daughter wants to catch some fish! Hopefully, I can figure out where they are hiding this time.
                      I haven’t been on Fork in a while but if I was going Sunday and had Livescope I would fish timber in the main river channel in 50-60’ of water fishing 20-40’ down. If I didn’t I would be dragging minnows on the bottom off SRA. Little Caney or the coffer dam

Comment

The 2" Bobby Garlands are my choice for crappie. To get 100 out of a pond should not take long at all. At the catch rate in my pond of 10/hour/person less than a day. Now how deep is your pond and do you have brush piles and or trees laydowns or standing? Mine are on the deeper end on standing timber right now but my pond is only 1.5 acres.

On the subject of fresh vs. salt I have been greeted by girls with much less on than above when night fishing Conroe. Since me and my fishing buddy are happily married men, we just smiled and kept on fishing. It is my 32nd anniversary today too.

Comment

I thought my 3.2lb crappie was a gooden....but I told my coworker from Louisiana and he said that isn't big enough to shake a stick at. Why is it we don't get them upwards of 5lbs here in Texas like they do in other states?

Comment

Anyone know anything about the Humminbird Mega Live that is supposed to compete with Livescope? All I could find was that it didn't need a black box and would work with some of the existing graphs.

Comment

Originally posted by 3under3 View Post
                              Anyone know anything about the Humminbird Mega Live that is supposed to compete with Livescope? All I could find was that it didn't need a black box and would work with some of the existing graphs.
                              It doesn't compare

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post
                                That's a good looking fishing hole right there. How many surface acres is it?
                                ~5 acres

Comment

Working...
                                X