No announcement yet.

So Chevrolet 2500 HD or F250 Lariat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a new Duramax in 2019 and only kept it 8 months because it was such a piece of crap. The Allison transmission slammed into gear which the dealership claimed was normal. The whole dashboard would light up like a Christmas tree off and on and the ABS would go out. After trying two different dealers to resolve issues, I finally just got rid of it. I guess that was my first and last experience with a Chevy diesel. Historically I have been a Ford guy when it comes to diesel trucks but the ongoing death wobble issues have me leary. It's a shame that you can buy a $80k truck and it shakes like the front end is going to fall out of it. I honestly think it's a crap shoot no matter what brand you buy.
    Last edited by Pineywoods; 09-19-2020, 06:43 AM.

Comment

2 words...

Death wobble

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
        This question always comes back to how you were raised:

If your dad drove a ford- you will likely drive Ford

If your dad drove dodge- you will likely choose dodge

If your dad drove a Chevy-.... you likely had 2 dads
        And away we go!!

Comment

Originally posted by day0082 View Post
          So i'm thinking of buying a new vehicle .. The Chevrolet, 2020 HD LT with leather and 360 view, and great tow packet rigged up..61500

Or the F250 Ultimate Package ??70,000

Never owned a Chevy, with a Duramax and Allison Transmission.

I am a ford guy, f250 lariat 4x4 ..Ultimate Package.
          So what does the green screen say??

Both 3/4 ton..
          I used to buy nothing but GM but have leaned towards ford over the last few years. The GM will ride a little smoother but the new 2500HD is not an attractive truck, the high country is decent though. The new chevy interior is very cheap (just take a look), some are having trouble with the new allision 10 speed. The Ford has a straight axle, I've had 3 and no death wobble. The ford will have a little better resale. If you ever want to delete the GM, dig very deep in your pockets! Also, the ford has quite a bit of an edge in the power department.

Comment

Originally posted by day0082 View Post
            So i'm thinking of buying a new vehicle .. The Chevrolet, 2020 HD LT with leather and 360 view, and great tow packet rigged up..61500

Or the F250 Ultimate Package ??70,000

Never owned a Chevy, with a Duramax and Allison Transmission.

I am a ford guy, f250 lariat 4x4 ..Ultimate Package.
            So what does the green screen say??

Both 3/4 ton..
            If you like the ford, check out the lariat value package. It is cheaper and gives you what you need.

Comment

The 2020 Ford is a beast. DW is an issue, but it’s grossly overstated. I’ve had Dodges nearly kill me more than DW on a Ford. The L5P in the Duramax is good motor, but the updated 6.7 with 10 Spd is a monster that gets the fuel mileage they should. The 17-19 6.7 are a bit disappointing in fuel mileage, but the new 10 spd fixed that.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                2 words...

Death wobble
                They fixed that a while ago.

I’ve owned both as company trucks. I’d go Ford. Chevy for some reason can not get a hand on their electric issues. We had chevys in the shop all the time for stuff electronics related.
                Only issue we ever had with our F250s were the death wobble. They put the arm on and no issues. All the newer trucks have the part already in place.

Comment

Man, go drive the Chevy. I think once you do your mind will be made up. I bought my 2017 F250 almost two years ago. I’ve always been a Ford guy but wanted to at least give myself a Chance to branch out. I drove multiple Duramax trucks and was just un impressed. Seemed extremely underpowered and not to mention the head room was terrible, no AC vents in the back, and I don’t like where the DEF filler was. I ended up back in a Ford and I’m glad I did. I love the 6.7 platform, this is my second one. Tons of power and extremely comfortable!!

Comment

I looked at both of these last year. My final decision came down to cab room (ford won by a mile) and console (yes, super petty, but I hated the chevy’s crater of a console.

Comment

I think you are selling yourself short not looking at ram. I have owned all three and right now to me ram has both beat in almost every category

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                        I think you are selling yourself short not looking at ram. I have owned all three and right now to me ram has both beat in almost every category
                        The man wants a 3/4 ton.
                        Ford and GM blow Ram away as far as power.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                          Yep look around and test drive all have all have plenty of power
                          Ford has the 10 speed transmission and power
                          But I would shop around

Comment

Ford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ford and delete it.
                              Last edited by gfulton; 09-19-2020, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                                The man wants a 3/4 ton.
                                Ford and GM blow Ram away as far as power.
                                The RAM has plenty of power, but man it’s a freaking snail compared to the 17-19’ 6.7. I can’t imagine how much faster the 2020 with the new 10spds are. Stock they come close to matching my tuned 17’.

Comment

Working...
                                X