2nd Annual Bob Lee Shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Annual Bob Lee Shoot

I’m going to be heading down early Saturday morning if there is anyone who wants to go but is hesitant due to fuel prices. Send me a message if you are in the DFW area and want to carpool…

I live in Sherman and will take 75 south to 35and let GPS take over from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great idea, Tradman!

Comment

I did something last night I'm not proud of. I was in a bind because work and weekends have been crazy.
        But I really needed some arrows some what close to tuned.
        I went through the bare shaft and trimming and adjusting.
        But I ran out of time . I felt like I had no choice. Not if I really wanted to shoot this weekend.
        So I went ahead and did it. I'm not proud of it but what's done is done. Hopefully I won't regret it.
        I used fletching tape.[emoji3526]

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Headed to Bryan see yaw there

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            I did something last night I'm not proud of. I was in a bind because work and weekends have been crazy.
            But I really needed some arrows some what close to tuned.
            I went through the bare shaft and trimming and adjusting.
            But I ran out of time . I felt like I had no choice. Not if I really wanted to shoot this weekend.
            So I went ahead and did it. I'm not proud of it but what's done is done. Hopefully I won't regret it.
            I used fletching tape.[emoji3526]

Lol! You’ll be fine. I’m just glad you are able to attend

Half of the arrows I’m shooting are done with tape. Some of the back ends of the feathers have shifted over a little, and it drives my OCD mind crazy, but at my level, I can’t see a difference in how they fly or hit. ***Note to self: never buy faux woodgrain Centershots again. The finish doesn’t hold up to stripping glued on feathers. They look like crap after refletching.
            Last edited by CamoQuest; 06-03-2022, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Yeah they quit making them. I'm going with wraps in the future for that reason.

Comment

I finally have a second bow so I can shoot multiple classes! I thought my wood arrows would be here in time to shoot three, but alas, it's not gonna happen.

I'll be there waiting in line behind Bisch for the gate to open tomorrow morning .

Comment

Bisch is inside already practicing.

Comment

LOL!!! I woke up about 15 minutes ago and looked outside. “Huh. It’s too dark to shoot, I’m still good....” immediately followed by this thought “I bet Bisch has crawled under the gate and is out there shooting with a flashlight...”

(Bisch, I hope you know all is said in jest. Well, most of it. )
                    Last edited by CamoQuest; 06-04-2022, 04:50 AM.

Comment

I came. I shot. I did not conquer...

BUT I HAD A BLAST! Great course as always. I have some coulda/shoulda woulda's in my head, but that's what next year is for!

Comment

Had a good day. Not in how I shot but I enjoyed the course and company. Liked the course set up and learned a few things. Hope it works out to come back next year.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          Had a good day. Not in how I shot but I enjoyed the course and company. Liked the course set up and learned a few things. Hope it works out to come back next year.

It was good to see you Gary, even if just in passing! Sorry I had to jet so fast today. Would have been nice to hang out and shoot a round with you.

Comment

Well, I finally got to make a 3d shoot this year and it did not disappoint! I have been terribly out of practice due to lack of motivation, but I had a blast and honestly exceeded my expectations of how I would shoot. I still didn’t do great, but I shot more today than I have all year combined. Well worth the 420 mile round trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah I am amazed those two (Rusty and Bisch ) have been able to shoot those marathon rounds all these years. It was fun and challenging the last couple shoots but yeah, it doesn't leave much time to shoot the ****.
                              Mostly because you're too busy shooting your bow.[emoji2]

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                                It was good to see you Gary, even if just in passing! Sorry I had to jet so fast today. Would have been nice to hang out and shoot a round with you.
                                Good to see you as well. You did disappear. Like a wisp of smoke in the breeze.
                                But I got to meet Byron today in passing as well. Outstanding community these traditional archers.

Comment

Working...
                                X