No announcement yet.

2022 Gardening Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The diseased leaves should be removed. They cannot be "cured". The baking soda solution will only help new growth to prevent infection, but bad leaves should be removed... If you do that and keep the plants watered, but from the bottom so as not to splash water/dirt up onto the plants, you can grow yourself out of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
      The diseased leaves should be removed. They cannot be "cured". The baking soda solution will only help new growth to prevent infection, but bad leaves should be removed... If you do that and keep the plants watered, but from the bottom so as not to splash water/dirt up onto the plants, you can grow yourself out of the problem.
      Agreed. Don't let the leaves get wet. Also better to water/irrigate in the morning as opposed to the evening.

Comment

Keep the info coming guys! I’m learning and appreciate your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
          PSA for anyone still looking for plants. I was milling around the HEB garden center earlier and came across a cart full of clearance plants. Snagged a 6 pack of habanero plants for $1.49 and a scorpion pepper plant for $.75. I’ve tried planting my habanero seeds 3 times this year and can’t get any to germinate for some reason. Best $1.49 I’ve spent this year [emoji2]

Any peppers that are Capsicum chinense varieties take up to 30 days to germinate. I started my super peppers indoors and they took 2-3 weeks to sprout.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
            Any peppers that are Capsicum chinense varieties take up to 30 days to germinate. I started my super peppers indoors and they took 2-3 weeks to sprout.

This......Ours are usually right at 3 weeka to germinate every year.

Comment

Well, had a clean shot at a vine borer yesterday and whiffed

I've been picking eggs off of the zuchinni on a daily basis the last week or so.

Comment

Got our first batch of green beans yesterday. Thinning all my squash and zucchini back….way too thick. Staking,pruning and tieing them today. I’ve always grown in “hills”….but I’m gonna try this vertical growing thing. Peppers looking good….tomatoes looking good and okra straying to come on. You fellars in SETX get a big jump on us NTX guys by the looks of yalls progress. Enjoying this thread!

Comment

Having a great squash harvest.
                  Peppers are doing great. Ancho and chilis. First year growing chilis. Grew several varieties of tomatoes and they are loaded. Lack of rain and heat has made it challenging. Potatoes did really well too.

Comment

Comment

Two squash, a bunch of Swiss chard, 2 okra... my small garden should be taking off this week if the forecast comes to fruition.

Anyone know why this squash is green? The others are yellow like the one above it.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well the in-ground garden fared better than in years past with a big rain event... We got 2.74" according to my electronic rain gauge, and a 5 gallon bucket my bride left out by the bag garden pretty much agreed with that...
                        Rain started around 4:00 AM Sunday morning and most of the rain total fell between then and 6:00 AM... This is a shot of the plot right after we got home from church Sunday afternoon...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2443.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	24685503

Within a couple hours, that water was all gone... I put a pump in the middles and pumped it out. Sure could do without the rest of the rain we're supposed to get tonight and later in the week!!

The bag garden did great... excess water just ran right through the bags!! Here's the post rain harvest from the bag garden... Wife is canning jalapenos and banana peppers this morning! Gonna be another dinner featuring fried squash this evening!! CAN'T WAIT!!
                        Even that little jar of cut Zinnias came out of the garden!
                        The rest includes banana and jalapeno peppers, Bok Choy, various squash varieties, cukes (pickling and burpless), and a few strawberries. What is not in the pic is 2 quarts of blackberries we picked after this pic was taken...

Name:	IMG_2449.JPG
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	24685500

First tomatoes with any "color"! Lots and lots of various size and variety of green 'uns!

Name:	IMG_2446.JPG
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	24685501

Never grown these, but they are Beaver Dam Hot peppers (that are supposed to NOT be hot!)... They are supposed to eventually turn red, but just look at the size of these suckers!! I have big hands and these things are longer than my hand and thick!! If they taste as good as they look, I will be growing these again!

Name:	IMG_2444.JPG
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	24685502

Comment

Help! Whatever it is, it’s after all of my bell’s!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Looks similar to blossem end rot. If so....lack of calcium in the soil.

I went through that ordeal last year

Comment

how to fix the rot...[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeJH_g5yWoU"]EMERGENCY! 3 Fixes for Blossom End Rot || Black Gumbo - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

But it isn’t on the blossom end … I think I need to water more! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X