Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does a replacement stump jumper cost over $700+?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stumpjumper is a bicycle made by Specialized.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
      That doesn't sound right at all. I've messed with several on my 10ft, 8ft and 6ft mowers and don't recall them being that expensive or even close. I would think between $100 - $200 easily. Mine are all pretty much the same concept with the main difference being the spline count.

What size do you need? And what is the current issue? Are the splines worn out? Usually the hub on the stump jumper will wear out before the shaft/post ever will. If that is the issue, SUPER easy to change them out yourself.

https://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Duty-St.../dp/B06WLM9JHW
      If it came from the dealer. Im not suprised at the $700 one bit. Bushhog has some crazy prices.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
        If it came from the dealer. Im not suprised at the $700 one bit. Bushhog has some crazy prices.
        Man! that would painful lol.

Comment

That's a lot of money for what is basically a metal "pan" with a set of female splines in it. Everything is getting pricey like that now. I'm needing to get a forklift mast cylinder re-chromed and repaired, I'm afraid to go get estimates...

Comment

Dang, is it painted green?

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
              Stumpjumper is a plate that protects the shaft coming down from the gearbox on top.
              This ^^^.

I don't know why they cost so much, but I'm sure the name printed on it (hahaha) has a lot to do with it. I bought a replacement 3 years ago and it cost $500.

I blew out the center lift cylinder and priced them online. For a Bush Hog, the replacement part was $550. For a no name aftermarket cylinder, $200. Exact same specs.

OP - see if TSC has the same one.

Comment

If $700 I bet $699 of it is just removing the old one. Coming from experience and still can’t get ours off after about 6 total hours of jacking with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Break out the blue wrench. ^^^

Comment

Probably because it's painted red and bush hog on the side of it.

What's actually wrong it the jumper?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Comment

Stumpjumper would be a good next name.

Comment

Once you know the trick, it's not too hard to get off. Do not use WD 40 or any other lubricant.

set this up and heat the shaft. As it cools, with the tension from the pull, it will pop off like a popsicle on a stick.

Replace all of the seals while you have the old one off.

Comment

Originally posted by kenner27 View Post
                          Stumpjumper would be a good next name.
                          Possibly so. He has ghosted us since starting this thread 4 days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                            Possibly so. He has ghosted us since starting this thread 4 days ago.

Possibly because you blew his cover[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
                              Possibly because you blew his cover[emoji23]

Well, maybe so. He has not logged in in over a week after posting this thread. He may still be out in the field trying to fix that mower.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                                Well, maybe so. He has not logged in in over a week after posting this thread. He may still be out in the field trying to fix that mower.

Or digging out that stump.

Comment

Working...
                                X