Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How big would a rattlesnake have to be to be record sized?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
    There's one on display at the King Ranch Museum that is huge. I don't remember the length and I couldn't find any info on their website.

There’s two in there over 7’ the stretched out one is 7’8” and the coiled up ready to strike is 7’6”. Both came from the Norias division from a pasture near the highway.

The 7’6” has a hilarious story about what happen to the group after they caught it alive [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Everyone that I have ever walked up on has been ten foot long and can move faster than I can run in my mind. They also they scream high pitched profanities, because my voice doesn’t sound like a girl.

Comment

when you hold a snake up one handed for a pic...they stretch alot so ..not the actual length of the snake .

Comment

Originally posted by kgreene View Post
          everyone that i have ever walked up on has been ten foot long and can move faster than i can run in my mind. They also they scream high pitched profanities, because my voice doesn’t sound like a girl.
          lmao

Comment

Read the post

Originally posted by 4dog View Post
            when you hold a snake up one handed for a pic...they stretch alot so ..not the actual length of the snake .
            The snake was measured by the taxidermist. Reading prior posts “might” help clarify that….

Comment

I can't find the picture to verify it, but.....

my parents had a picture of a rattlesnake that a farmer killed in his pasture in the 50's close to Lake Texoma. He was afraid to run over it with his 8N tractor. He shot it with shotgun.
              I touched the ground on one side of a standard pickup flatbed, ran across the bed and it's head was about a foot from the ground on the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Rusty, post that pic of you holdin' him up! Sucker looks 9 foot... (well until you find out that you're only 5 foot...

That's low Charlie....real low...like 5'2". Lol

Comment

Originally posted by KGreene View Post
                  Everyone that I have ever walked up on has been ten foot long and can move faster than I can run in my mind. They also they scream high pitched profanities, because my voice doesn’t sound like a girl.

We see a lot of the same snakes!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Roy d Mercer

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                    That's low Charlie....real low...like 5'2". Lol
                    ‘Well just how Bigga ole boy are ya”? ��
                    Last edited by Bourland; 05-14-2022, 02:21 PM. Reason: Country spellin’

Comment

Neighbor in Brooks Co has one mounted that went 7'2 and weighed like 28#.

Comment

80" is the largest I've seen in person and that was plenty big enough for me.

Comment

Catching one alive will be virgin territory for me. If I’m lucky enough to encounter one for the record books, the issue most likely will be getting someone to assist with putting it in a container of some sort. Can’t think of anyone who’s willing to come help with such a request.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                            There’s two in there over 7’ the stretched out one is 7’8” and the coiled up ready to strike is 7’6”. Both came from the Norias division from a pasture near the highway.

The 7’6” has a hilarious story about what happen to the group after they caught it alive [emoji16]

You can't tell us that without telling the story.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

A few years back, there was a dude on here that claimed his buddy killed one that was 8'-8 1/2".

I threw the BS flag.

He got really mad.

It wasn't that long.

He hasn't spoken to me since.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                                You can't tell us that without telling the story.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

So as been stated on here if you want a full body mount they have to be caught alive so you can gas them or open their mouth and sever the spinal cord from the inside and not mess up the hide.

They caught the 7’6” one and tossed it in the truck’s tool box for safe keeping. Back then KR had safari seats on their trucks and your feet was right on that box. They made a few miles down the Sendero and caught a shed antler in a tire.

Guess where the tools to change the tire was…

After coaching one of the hunters, the guide had him pin the head of the snake in the corner of the box while he crawled in the box to retrieve the tools. To say they was all a bundle of nerves was an understatement. [emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                                X