How dangerous is Fentanyl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Careful, your podium is wobbly.

I remember when I was 16 and had the highest horse in all the land.

Comment

Is OkRattler really wrong though? Sure his comments are maybe a little hard-lined lol but his premise sticks: play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Saying "well they didn't KNOW the cocaine had fenty in it!" is kind of pointless, because they DID know that it was cocaine, and they DID know it might have fenty in it. We all assume the risk when we do the coca.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
        No genuine need for elaboration. It should be evident upon even cursory reflection. You stated "I'm glad it's a thing (fentanyl)." That is ridiculous. Even in Oklahoma.

Because you say something does not make it reality or truth as you claim. Being "glad" fentanyl is "a thing" in this country is an opinion that very few rational people would adopt. Stating you are glad fentanyl is a thing establishes you are pleased it is pouring across our southern border and killing people. Glad that brings you joy. Enjoy your realism and truth.
        Said it better than I would.

It/drugs don't just affect the users. Like the officer in the video, I'm sure there are many other innocent people like children, younger siblings, friends, etc. that have been hurt or killed through no fault of their own as the result of a users choice(s).

Often when I take my kids outdoors, we take a trash bag and clean up the area before we leave so it's cleaner/better than before we got there. While the risk seems low, the video has enlightened me that simply picking up what looks like a harmless piece of trash could have devastating consequences.

Comment

I don’t comment on these types of post often, and wouldn’t have even opened it if I didn’t have a teenager at home. I heard on the radio yesterday that fentanyl was the #1 killer of youth in the USA. My daughter is a good kid, makes good grades and doesn’t get in trouble, so this type of thing doesn’t get discussed. I mentioned yesterday at the dinner table, neither my wife or daughter even knew what fentanyl was. I felt like I had let my daughter down. My point is talk to your kids, this is dangerous stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
            Is OkRattler really wrong though? Sure his comments are maybe a little hard-lined lol but his premise sticks: play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Saying "well they didn't KNOW the cocaine had fenty in it!" is kind of pointless, because they DID know that it was cocaine, and they DID know it might have fenty in it. We all assume the risk when we do the coca.
            If I were to die as a result from a snake bite while catching rattlesnakes and the news article got posted here how many "Play stupid games,win stupid prizes." type comments would be on the thread? I'm sure more than a few. And they wouldn't be wrong. And it could happen. I know that it could happen. Anyone who does anything that has a risk involved should understand and accept the risk.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
              fireman make a difference, go that route. 17 years LE here, gonna be real hard to stick around after 3 more.
              I've recommended that and he is considering it as well.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                Did they have a clue they were ingesting a substance of any kind? It was a complete accident or were they getting high to begin with? Were they there when whatever they were getting high on was made? Then why would you not assume it's got a little extra something in it? Drug dealers probably aren't the most trustworthy of people so......You kind of have to question what you're getting if you're into that lifestyle. I would think so anyway but I'm not about that life so I ain't worried about it whatsoever.
                Again, did you watch the video? An officer almost died because of a simple mistake. That wasn't a dumb*** junkie. It was a good man who's out there trying to save your ***.

Comment

I love the I never do drugs, my kids will never touch drugs crowd. Everything in life is about moderation. Sucks you can't do a line without worrying someone put fentanyl in it... if you want to have a real talk with your kids make sure they know to let everyone else do a line and then wait an hour or so to see the effects before they bury their nose in it.

Government is who makes drugs illegal...then they use the same ingredients in "go fast" pills our pilots were using in the middle east to stay alert. I remember when DARE made it seem if I smoked a joint I would die... hurts the body a lot less than legal alcohol does. Drugs certainly aren't the healthiest thing.... but most fun things aren't real good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                    Again, did you watch the video? An officer almost died because of a simple mistake. That wasn't a dumb*** junkie. It was a good man who's out there trying to save your ***.

That comment wasn't in response to the video.

Comment

Originally posted by OTL91 View Post
                      I love the I never do drugs, my kids will never touch drugs crowd. Everything in life is about moderation. Sucks you can't do a line without worrying someone put fentanyl in it... if you want to have a real talk with your kids make sure they know to let everyone else do a line and then wait an hour or so to see the effects before they bury their nose in it.

Government is who makes drugs illegal...then they use the same ingredients in "go fast" pills our pilots were using in the middle east to stay alert. I remember when DARE made it seem if I smoked a joint I would die... hurts the body a lot less than legal alcohol does. Drugs certainly aren't the healthiest thing.... but most fun things aren't real good for you.
                      As if Fentanyl should make you worry about doing drugs. Don't worry about it. It probably ain't got it in there.

And if it does lets face it.....are you really ever going to know?
                      Last edited by okrattler; 05-12-2022, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Best job in the world, you do have to take care of others and have a servants heart. Some people that even self inflict harm and do drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider Power View Post
                          I was literally going to bring up the same podcasts, the most recent one with Luis Chaparro when he was embedded with the Sinaloa cartel was eye opening. They’re producing enough straight fentanyl tablets to supply every man,woman, and child in the United States.
                          It's chemical warfare in my book.. No different than sending anthrax across the border.. It's is poison and their goal is to kill Americans with it and it is working.
                          Not everyone dying from this crap is intentionally ingesting it.

The cartels are terrorizing this country with it. Label them as terrorist organizations and send in the military. Wipe them off the face of the earth.. But we can't have that because politicians would be getting huge pay cuts!!!
                          Last edited by PondPopper; 05-12-2022, 11:24 AM.

Comment

I've recommended that and he is considering it as well.

17 year LEO here and let him do it. We need more people who want to do the job. Just have him stay from the big liberal cities and he’ll be okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                              It's chemical warfare in my book.. No different than sending anthrax across the border.. It's is poison and their goal is to kill Americans with it and it is working.
                              Not everyone dying from this crap is intentionally ingesting it.

The cartels are terrorizing this country with it. Label them as terrorist organizations and send in the military. Wipe them off the face of the earth.. But we can't have that because politicians would be getting huge pay cuts!!!
                              It just gets awkward when Americans are shot with guns supplied by Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by OTL91 View Post

Surely, this is a joke. I am trying to figure out if you left out a word in there somewhere.

Are you serious?

Is this post even serious? Are you really saying that doing drugs is ok, as long as you do it in moderation? Snort coke, smoke meth, inject herion as long as it is in moderation. Really? Come on man, surely you dont believe that. I am dumbfounded at your post.

Comment

Working...
                                X