No announcement yet.

Doctors and billing - Getting worse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had same experiences with my dentist. Arguing with office staff is mute. I will be looking for a new dentist, but the thing is I like mine, just not the way is staff runs things.

Comment

Originally posted by deerslayer64d View Post
      I had a ER visit on March 10 , they admitted me to the hospital for a couple days for iv antibiotics = $65k I’m still getting satellite bills from others who read this report or drew some blood or looked at a ex ray on top of the $65k ! Now scheduled for surgery on Monday that god only knows what will end up costing me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      This is fraudulent crime right here.
      They squeeze those that can pay, to cover those that can't.

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
      Folks your all imagining this! It’s really not happening. It’s “racist disinformation “. Did you read the fine print? There is a small surcharge for white supremacy!
      Your white privilege is being able to log onto a computer made with overseas child labor to complain about how much of your wealth you might have to part with to pay for upper tier healthcare most of the world doesn't enjoy while most likely sucking down some air conditioning.....living in a climate controlled environment- that is causing global warming.. I mean climate change...
      Oh snap, I can repeat there talking points.....must unplug soon....

Originally posted by JRL View Post
      Texas legislators have been touting surprise billing and hospital pricing transparency bills that they’ve passed. Shockingly seem to be just more hot air.
      Reminds me of the obviously worthless "no texting while driving" toilet paper law they passed a few years ago.

Comment

Went to see a heart Dr a few months ago. It ended up being just over $2500 out of pocket after Dr visit, ultra sound and stress test and follow up. Not sure how much insurance paid. Found nothing wrong and wanted me to come back in 6 months. No thanks.

Think we end up paying more for the ones that don't/can't pay.

Comment

Originally posted by sp-bow View Post
          Went to see a heart Dr a few months ago. It ended up being just over $2500 out of pocket after Dr visit, ultra sound and stress test and follow up. Not sure how much insurance paid. Found nothing wrong and wanted me to come back in 6 months. No thanks.

Think we end up paying more for the ones that don't/can't pay.
          The heart Dr I used last year did something similar.

After a heart catheterization he called me back in to discuss what he found, which was exactly what he told me and my wife bedside post op.

I figured he found a smoking gun and wanted to tell me in person, nope just repeated exactly what I had already heard.
          I got to wear that "I wonder what he has to say" for a weekend before finding out- nuthin.
          They also tried to schedule the 6 month check-up appointment- I'm pretty sure I made their naughty list when leaving the office.

They refunded ~$950 when I knew they had overcharged us.
          Then they wanted some of that back later.
          Whoever is handling the books must be a cross-eyed dyslexic.
          (no offense to the cross-eyed dyslexics out there, I just don't think medical billing is your calling).

Comment

This is why people cannot and don't pay medical bills. Sucks but the average hard working american can't pay these rates

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
              This is why people cannot and don't pay medical bills. Sucks but the average hard working american can't pay these rates
              Also not about can't pay...It's about not getting scammed/conned out of your money.
              And no, they won't tell you upfront a lot of times what anything will cost. I always tell the wife to ask upfront.

So question in post #1 is at what point is it a straight con job where I should not feel guilty to not pay for a simple office visit?

I know how we're handling this specific visit/bill. But geez.. it's getting crazier.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                It’s a complete disaster as is the whole
                Medical system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                this!

Thats one reason Im in the field it pays decent and I have alot of connections for cheap or free medical care.
                Speaking of anyone needs radiology svc hit me up Ill pass on the tbh inside deal

Comment

OP - I feel your pain.

It is a vicious cycle. All the insurance paperwork drives up cost up and complicates the bill. You'll notice there are more people working the billing/finance part of the business than tending patients.

I use to be able to go to the doctor or dentist to get looked at and it was a flat fee. Maybe have to set up a payment plan. Now they have to fill out forms for insurance. Parts of which gets denied by insurance, so the doctors push those back to the patient. Docs have to cover all that extra finance help so they through in all the extra cost.

Funny thing is now veterinarians are getting into the insurance game. Can't wait for those bills to be $1,500.

Comment

Wife and I get bills from collection agencies after our insurance company has denied negotiation, drives me crazy getting billed on something’s 6-8 months later I don’t even know about.
                    It’s a credit hit when sent to collections

Comment

Damm doctors.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
                        Damm doctors.
                        A lot less than you think is making it to the physicians. You have a choice to see them or not.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
                          Damm doctors.
                          Touché Mr. Anesthesiologist

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                            Touché Mr. Anesthesiologist
                            Got me

Comment

We got a $200.check last week from some kids urgent care place which we had not been to for close to 2yrs. No clue why, but kinda wanted to call them up and ask for some vig. $200 ain't worth what is was back then

Comment

I believe that we should all just go to tractor supply for our care. We know what we are getting , what it treats. No reason to see doctors

We that gripe shouldn't go. we know that it's going to be expensive when we go so self treatment would be best. We can get antibiotics, antifungals, and vaccines from TSC.

Medicine is one business that can't not write off bad debt. Bad debt is not the kinsurance adjustment, it is the amount that patients owe that they don't pay. They can't write it off on their income tax like all other businesses.

Comment

Working...
                                X