Doctors and billing - Getting worse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctors and billing - Getting worse?

My daughter went to see a new doctor since her other one couldn't figure out her issue. To sum up...she had a basic office visit and then lab work.

Finally a couple months later the bill arrives. Of course it was confusing but boils down to this. She owes $350 for the office visit (new patient visit) and $283 office out patient visit,new after Medishare paid $135. No idea what this charge even is. Wife still trying to sort it out.

So total is $768 plus lab work (which was $173)

Seems mighty crazy to me. we haven't been to the doctor in a few years so wondering if they all went nuts.

It’s nuts. I joined with Dr. Franklin’s practice here in llano. 80 bucks a month but visits and things like labs, shots, stitches etc. are free. It’s saved me a chuck of change over the last couple years.

Comment

Texas legislators have been touting surprise billing and hospital pricing transparency bills that they’ve passed. Shockingly seem to be just more hot air.

Comment

Doctors filing claims does not always depend on them

Insurance companies always like to deny claims which hold everything up

They need the notes, wrong modifiers, other issues

They kee fighting the claim and after 6 months I surnaf e finally decided to pay the claim. Then the doctors finally send out the bill for the claim

Comment

Incompetent people running these offices

Comment

Originally posted by JRL View Post
            Texas legislators have been touting surprise billing and hospital pricing transparency bills that they’ve passed. Shockingly seem to be just more hot air.

I had to go to the ER a month ago or so.

I signed an estimate for $1,200 before they did anything. This was after insurance.

They billed me over double that. Its BS.

Comment

How could this be if Obama care fixed it all

Comment

It’s a complete disaster as is the whole
                Medical system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  My daughter went to see a new doctor since her other one couldn't figure out her issue. To sum up...she had a basic office visit and then lab work.

Finally a couple months later the bill arrives. Of course it was confusing but boils down to this. She owes $350 for the office visit (new patient visit) and $283 office out patient visit,new after Medishare paid $135. No idea what this charge even is. Wife still trying to sort it out.

So total is $768 plus lab work (which was $173)

Seems mighty crazy to me. we haven't been to the doctor in a few years so wondering if they all went nuts.
                  I am fighting/contesting various bills I got from my office visits/test procedures from March(all of march). Have a meeting planned for the finance dept. at St. David's in Round Rock.

1 bill I got was for Dr. visits during test procedure...neither one was there.
                  then I called (twice) about what my out of pocket cost would be(they had all my insurance info) 150.00, OK, I'll do my procedure there...they sent me a 500.00 bill. bassturds

Comment

You need to ask for itemized bill, see what exactly insurance covered.

I’m still getting bills from my sons kidney surgery, 8 months later.

Comment

Took my kiddo to a stand along ER back in October to get stitches, still haven’t received a bill for it

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                        You need to ask for itemized bill, see what exactly insurance covered.

I’m still getting bills from my sons kidney surgery, 8 months later.
                        If you meant to quote Huntindad then yes.

But my daughter was just an office visit. Regular visit the doc like if you had pink eye and needed a script.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          If you meant to quote Huntindad then yes.

But my daughter was just an office visit. Regular visit the doc like if you had pink eye and needed a script.

I thought medishare paid anything over 500.00 in full. Am I reading that her insurance was medishare only?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Folks your all imagining this! It’s really not happening. It’s “racist disinformation “. Did you read the fine print? There is a small surcharge for white supremacy!

Comment

I had a ER visit on March 10 , they admitted me to the hospital for a couple days for iv antibiotics = $65k I’m still getting satellite bills from others who read this report or drew some blood or looked at a ex ray on top of the $65k ! Now scheduled for surgery on Monday that god only knows what will end up costing me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X