Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stock up on corn....FJB has struck again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And he doesn't think it will raise the price of cattle feed to pass on to the consumers? Pure train wreck.

Comment

Anyone ever run this stuff and checked the mileage against running regular? I ran it once in my wife’s FlexFuel vehicle, and got less than stellar mileage, so I just figured it was a wash. That was only one days point though.

Skooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Corn alcohol is supposed to be aged in oak casks, and sipped neat, not burned in engines.

Comment

Why not say drill baby drill?
          Last edited by doghouse; 04-12-2022, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Just when you think he can’t be more of an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by skooter View Post
              Anyone ever run this stuff and checked the mileage against running regular? I ran it once in my wife’s FlexFuel vehicle, and got less than stellar mileage, so I just figured it was a wash. That was only one days point though.

Skooter

I can’t remember the numbers but I did a calculation when my wife put it is her vehicle….I was pretty amazed at the drop in mpg

Comment

Here's my take.
                My 98 GMC K1500 Z71 with the 5.7L V8 running 87 Octane @ 75 mph avg gets 14 mpg.

Dad's 05 GMC K1500 with the 5.3L V8 running E15 with a 58 mph avg gets 12.5 mpg.

Hmmm

Comment

Sounds like a case of hunter harassment to me.

Comment

Best i remember from my personal experience is that Ethanol fuels produce 10% less emissions. They also produce 10% less in fuel economy so it's an absolute wash in emissions vs economy. They also generate less horsepower but I don't remember the percentage

Comment

When I worked for the City if I ran unleaded I burned about 3/4 tank when I ran the same vehicle I would have to stop at pumps during shift

Comment

Originally posted by skooter View Post

Skooter

Yes it gets terrible gas mileage. It's a freaking joke!

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                          This doesn’t make a lot of sense, but we are talking about democrats here. E15 gas is sold at other times of the year, just not in the summer. The EPA banned E15 for sale in the summer because they feared it’d create more smog.

So these enviro nuts will praise him for this, but in reality it is going against something they probably already protested for. SMH
                          I don’t believed ethanol has near of a high energy content as gasoline.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                            While I have a diesel truck and hunt public land where feeding the deer is illegal, this carp will still affect me in other ways. It is part of the PLAN.
                            You're speaking like Joe... what does carp have to do with anything? I thought they were trash fish.

Comment

Just part of the reason corn futures have been going up.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                                You're speaking like Joe... what does carp have to do with anything? I thought they were trash fish.
                                Carp are excellent bait for flatheads if you can get them 6 to 8 inches long. Oh wait……..

Comment

Working...
                                X