No announcement yet.

Autoimmune Disorders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POTS syndrome. Always knew something was wrong growing up, but never knew exactly what. After it took a turn for the worse in 2017 I was finally diagnosed. It has made life more "interesting" to say the least. I will say that dealing with it has made me stronger, though.

Comment

I have Hashimoto's. Take a med for it but otherwise no big deal.

My wife has Common Variable Immune Disorder, RA, LUPUS, Ocular Myositis for 15plus years. Some days good, some days awful. It has been tough on her. Just when we think we have it managed with meds etc, it changes...

I am convinced we have to clear our diet and eat whole foods. No processed food etc. I am working to get there and hopefully she can too.

Comment

Like some of the others here...I have Hashimoto's. Normal Thyroid range should be .5 to 5.0. A few weeks ago, mine was .01 (non existent). Meds changed and we will see if we can get it up in to a more acceptable range again. It's a frustrating thing to deal with....low energy, hair loss , and weight gain.

Sorry you are going through this Randall....take one day at a time and pay attention to your body every day. I know when my numbers fall....after washing my hair, there will be a handful of loss hair sitting on the drain. That is my cue to get blood work done and make more changes. I have learned you are your own best advocate.....find a doctor that will listen to you when you know/feel something is off. That has been a challenge for me. I "think" I finally found a doc that is on target (hopefully!) and can help get me stable again.

Comment

Second round of blood work tested a little higher on DS anti-dna so I have an appointment with a rheumatologist on the 20th that came highly recommended from a family friend. He’s gone 8 years without a lupus episode which sounds pretty promising. I have completely changed my diet and drinking habits at this point and feel significantly better. Spent a little too much time in the sun a week ago though and it knocked me on my butt for the next 20 hours or so. My daily pill tray is pretty full these days but they seem to be working when paired with a cleaner diet/lifestyle. I’m taking this all as an opportunity to “rediscover myself” as corny as that sounds.

I find it both comforting and sad to learn that so many others have managed to deal with various autoimmune issues. My prayers are with each of you!

Comment

make sure you do not have excessive sugar in your diet, dr pepper etc. This is known to make things worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              Darn! We should never take our health for granted. Things can change in the bat of an eye, and we must enjoy our life, loved ones, and friends every day.

My prayers go out to each of you. May God keep you all functioning for a long time, and may you all enjoy many more years of a fruitful life on this earth!
              Amen! Prayers up for you all!

Comment

Working...
              X