No announcement yet.

Autoimmune Disorders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was tested for Lupus multiple times had horrible issues like mentioned above.Turned out I had Lyme and Rocky mtn spotted fever.Suffered for ten years before getting a diagnosis and then another 3 to find out about the Rocky fever.I hope they find something simple and treatable for you but may want to rule out the Lyme if you haven’t done so.My long term sickness has led to Addison’s disease or adrenal failure which hasn’t been any fun.

Comment

I was diagnosed with Guillain-Barré 11 years ago. I was 27 years old and in my prime. I couldn’t walk without a walker, couldn’t drink coffee without burning my tongue, or raise my arms high enough to shampoo my hair. Every day things that I had done since I was young were a struggle for about 3 months. I am stubborn and wouldn’t let anything beat me, I made a full recovery. Hopefully those with with loved ones affected have similar results and I wish all the best [emoji482]

Rey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The last two years have been hell for me. I’ve got RA. Take hcq for it. Methotrexate is the next step. My spine is a mess. Epidural injections in my neck don’t work. Joints ache constantly. My rheumatologist said that a spine surgery is in my near future. Also have Raynaud’s disease that’s affects my hands. Neuroma in my right foot. I’m not looking forward to the next 20-30 years.

Comment

A few run in our family. Seems like I have alopecia. Thankfully, it seems mild and only shows in my facial hair around my neck from time to time. Hoping it doesn’t get worse.

Comment

MS diagnosed in 08.

Comment

Sorry to hear this Randall.

I have dealt with RA for the last 5 years and have had a struggle finding a drug to control it without killing me. Methotrexate messed with my liver function. Humira worked well but after 2 years I developed a intestinal blood clot and spent 5 days in the hospital. I was only on Orencia for 2 months and had a squamous cell blow up on my arm and had to have it cut out. I started infusions of Rituxin last fall and my hands are telling me it's time for another.
              I take naps for the fatigue.

Hogboy

Comment

I was diagnosed with the primary progressive form of MS not quite 2 years ago.

Comment

Darn! We should never take our health for granted. Things can change in the bat of an eye, and we must enjoy our life, loved ones, and friends every day.

My prayers go out to each of you. May God keep you all functioning for a long time, and may you all enjoy many more years of a fruitful life on this earth!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    Darn! We should never take our health for granted. Things can change in the bat of an eye, and we must enjoy our life, loved ones, and friends every day.

My prayers go out to each of you. May God keep you all functioning for a long time, and may you all enjoy many more years of a fruitful life on this earth!

You survived smallpox and the Spanish flu of 1812. You can beat anything!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No experience with lupus - hoping you find some relief soon!
                      I have immune mediated eczema. It didn’t become a problem until I was in my 20s. If I do nothing I have a painful itching rash on my face 90% of the time. I take a variety of anti-inflammatory medications and they are wonderful but the side effects suck. Anything you can do to reduce inflammation in your body will help. Diet, adequate sleep, reducing stress…
                      Anything that can cause inflammation can trigger that immune response.

Comment

A friend of mine has Lupus. It is the kind that is not fatal but causes muscle weakness, severe itching and is sometimes aggravated by sun exposure. She takes Hydroxychloraquin (sp.) for it.

Sure miss those days of being able to hunt a lease for a nominal cost that didn’t create greed and a feeling of despair if you didn’t kill something!

Comment

I’ve got RA and its not a lot of fun as some of you know but combined with chronic Osteomyelitis it down right sucks at times, I’m not even sure how many surgeries I’ve had but it’s somewhere over 25 and counting. All we can do is keep on rolling and make the best of it, I look at it as there are a lot of people way worse off than me so it could always be worse.

Comment

I have two late 30s family members that were having auto immune complications/inflammation that werent resolved until they found out their blood type, conducted a self applied elimination diet (eat one thing at a time and note inflammation, eliminate inflammatory foods from diet) and began a lifestyle dietary change. Issues of extremity tingling, numbness, lethargy, mind fog, achyness, etc went away. One person is A Pos and other is O Pos. Both minimized/eliminated wheat intake and auto immune complications were drastically reduced…amongst other common (inflammatory) foods eliminated.

Ive friends in their 20s that had same problems, same dietary restriction application and same beneficial results.

Consider reading the book:
                            Eat right 4 your type
                            by Dr Adamo

God bless and Gigem Ag.

Comment

Praying for you, Randall.

Comment

I have (had??) Primary Schlerosing Cholangistis, which is basically extreme scarring of the bile ducts inside and outside the liver. PSC kills the liver. Had a liver transplant in 2013.

I also have Vitiligo and Ulcerative Colitis. Both are thought to be autoimmune diseases.

The tranasplant and meds keep me rocking along. I'm blessed to be alive.

Comment

Working...
                                X