No announcement yet.

459.7lb Boar Hog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a couple hog traps that I put on peoples property to thin out the hog population for them. Sometimes we will get more than others and when we get several I bring them to a wild hog buyer in Devine. They said they buy between 700 and 1000 hogs a week and have been open for over 10 years. Last week, I brought in a load of big ones, the biggest was 347 pounds. This beat their previous all time record that was previously 327 pounds. I guess my point is that if they buy that many hogs for that amount of time they probably would’ve encountered one over 400 like this one at some point…

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
      This is the same guy that has been throwing post/add’s all over to pay landowners to put him on a big pig isn’t it? His name I think is Rich?

Edit: Ignore. This same thing is making the rounds on Facebook pages and it is that guy.

You see the word “pay” in there anywhere?

I don’t know these guys. But I know they are being treated wrong so far. Typical social media bs. If they cheated then they should be in deep doodoo.

But at this point, just rumors and cry babies

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
      Last edited by Fishndude; 02-12-2022, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post

I don’t know these guys. But I know they are being treated wrong so far. Typical social media bs. If they cheated then they should be in deep doodoo.

I see it
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220212-095311_Facebook.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	24677362

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

The guys that run that contest have the integrity of the contest as their number one priority. If they cheated, they’ll find out. So far(4 hour interview later) everything checks out. If anything else comes up, they’ll be on it.

Meantime, crybabies gonna cry!!!

Happens too often. Guy kills a state record archery buck in East Texas and rather than be happy for a guy that has always killed big deer, everyone second guesses because it didn’t come from Dimmit or Grayson county. Turns out it’s legit and you get crickets from the peanut gallery.

I’m very skeptical of all the skeptics with all the skepticism. Sometimes people just accomplish great feats.[emoji2369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
            I see it
            [ATTACH]1080477[/ATTACH]

Bam! Hadn’t seen that one. Again, deep doodoo if that hasn’t been doctored.

Comment

459.7lb Boar Hog?

I see it
              [ATTACH]1080477[/ATTACH]

Crazy, I see it as well. Believe this was posted during the contest last year though if memory serves me correctly.

Comment

So if a guy pays 5k to enter a pig in a contest and wins it who cares?

How many haters here paid to enter it?

How is this any different than a parent spending 20k on a show steer and later selling it for 150k? Is that fair or right to the kid who can't spend 20k?

Find deep pockets and play or sit in the bleachers and watch.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I see it
                  [ATTACH]1080477[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

How is this any different than a parent spending 20k on a show steer and later selling it for 150k? Is that fair or right to the kid who can't spend 20k?

He’s soliciting $5k to win $77k. Illegal per the rules. Has nothing to do with deep pockets.

Other question would be how old are those posts? Was that allowed in the past and the promoters put a stop to it last year? Hmmmmm…
                    Last edited by Fishndude; 02-12-2022, 10:08 AM.

Comment

459.7lb Boar Hog?

Let’s clarify the screenshot. It was posted last year BEFORE the rule was put in place about not entering hogs that were paid for. It just so happens the guy that posted that last year, entered hogzilla this year.

They said they have three year history with hogzilla but wanted to pay for a hog last year. Why pay for a hog if you have a monster on your place already?

We’ll probably never know! Regardless. It’s a monster.

Last edited by yotethumper; 02-12-2022, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
                        Let’s clarify the screenshot. It was posted last year BEFORE the rule was put in place about not entering hogs that were paid for. It just so happens the guy that posted that last year, entered hogzilla this year.

They said they have three year history with hogzilla but wanted to pay for a hog last year. Why pay for a hog if you have a monster on your place already?

We’ll probably never know! Regardless. It’s a monster.
                        Strategy? Who knows…

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                          I agree with this. I don't see it as wrong to solicit help in a long term open to a certain region type contest.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                            I agree with this. I don't see it as wrong to solicit help in a long term open to a certain region type contest.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
                            Other than it’s against the rules. Lol

Comment

What about paying for a lease to kill hogs on?

Comment

459.7lb Boar Hog?

I see it

[ATTACH]1080477[/ATTACH]

Ayeeee only took 5 mins for the full post to be shown

FnD- the Mann eye institute is a sponsor and highly recommend

Edit: From my understanding the guy has been questionable from previous year(s) and caused a stir so it’s going to be a issue either way.

Last edited by 150class; 02-12-2022, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X