459.7lb Boar Hog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

459.7lb Boar Hog?

Not sure if you all saw on Facebook yesterday where this hog was entered for “The Hunting Game” hog contest. Payout I believe is $77,000.

First and foremost, I don’t want to discredit the hunters. I don’t know them and I want to give these hunters the benefit of doubt. Congrats to these guys, this is an accomplishment.

Respectfully, I don’t know how a wild boar can retain this much weight naturally. I don’t know how it’s physically possible. So many questions
    1) What were they feeding? How much fat and protein are in the feed?
    2) Were they using dewormer feed?
    3) Is it possible this hog has a hormonal/pituitary imbalance?

Would like to open this up for discussion and if you haven’t seen it yet checkout “The Hunting Game” on Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by yotethumper; 02-12-2022, 07:58 AM.

This should be a very interesting and entertaining thread.

Comment

Haven’t checked out the article, but I know back in the day to win hog contest, people would trap and feed out the hogs. When I was a kid, I shot a true 300 pound field dressed boar. That thing looked like a huge black bear and thought had to be 500 pounds. I was in first place at a contest in Carrizo Springs until a guy brought in a hog that dressed 410. It was super fat and no way can get that large eating corn and brush. This was before people fed cottonseed and protein.

Comment

And for the record, hogs do eat cottonseed

Comment

I don't Facebook. Why not post the pic?

Now as far as the weight goes, I was a butcher for many years. 600 lb brood hogs are not un common. These often live out in big open fields with free choice feed. The same genetics could get big in the wild with feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            I don't Facebook. Why not post the pic?

Now as far as the weight goes, I was a butcher for many years. 600 lb brood hogs are not un common. These uifs often live out in big open fields with free choice feed. The same genetics could get big in the wild with feeders.

Trying to post picture but in a blind and service isn’t great

Comment

Originally posted by Mexdeer19 View Post
              Haven’t checked out the article, but I know back in the day to win hog contest, people would trap and feed out the hogs. When I was a kid, I shot a true 300 pound field dressed boar. That thing looked like a huge black bear and thought had to be 500 pounds. I was in first place at a contest in Carrizo Springs until a guy brought in a hog that dressed 410. It was super fat and no way can get that large eating corn and brush. This was before people fed cottonseed and protein.

Hogs in this contest cannot be barred, penned, or fed out.

Comment

Comment

I recall a guy last year offering a bunch of money to anyone who finds him a hog big enough to win it. Someone commented that he’s on the team that killed this one lol.

He posted that he’s got pics since 2018 of him. and there’s only 3 pigs on that property. Something ain’t right

Comment

Hog

[QUOTE=yotethumper;16091767]Hogs in this contest cannot be barred, penned, or fed out.
                    I understand and they weren’t telling the contest that. They use to give away cash, guns, and other cool items in the contest, so people would bend the rules a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      I recall a guy last year offering a bunch of money to anyone who finds him a hog big enough to win it. Someone commented that he’s on the team that killed this one lol.

He posted that he’s got pics since 2018 of him. and there’s only 3 pigs on that property. Something ain’t right

Wow! That puts a spin on this!

Comment

He been eating good for sure. As GarGuy said they can get big if they get the groceries.

Comment

[quote=Mexdeer19;16091776]
                          Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
                          Hogs in this contest cannot be barred, penned, or fed out.
                          I understand and they weren’t telling the contest that. They use to give away cash, guns, and other cool items in the contest, so people would bend the rules a bit.

There will be a polygraph so we will see

Comment

I’ve always heard there are some big pigs that live near cattle feed yards and sneak in at night and eat pretty well.

Comment

Yeah rules read u can’t offer money to people for winning hog.

Comment

Working...
                              X