Celebrate the life of John "Tuthdoc" Lee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Archery1st View Post
    Anyone else keep checking this thread for more stories?

The Shagmobile and pink panties was classic!!!!
    Yes and I read every one. Not only has his closest friends and family taken the time to help us know TD better, but in TD's own way he has brought quite a few nubbin bucks to the fire. I hope they find what TD found here. A WHOLE NOTHER FAMILY. Welcome all, and hope you stick around

Comment

Thanks for the story, Dog!

Be strong!
      Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
      l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
      ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Kyle, Jim, Tommy, Bobby and Matt thanks for your posts. Having had my Dad torn from my life by a heart attack, I know how important these posts and talking about the good times are in the healing process.

Mark, you are right about all the brothers that you have here on TBH. I hope to one day meet you all and shake your hands. Heck, a group hunt would be even better. Maybe one day...that's what I always said about John. Maybe someday I can go on that Axis hunt or come visit him "somewhere just south of Dallas"...maybe someday.

Did John have flaws? Of course he did. He could’ve not been so hard headed and go to the dang doctor for regular check-ups. Are you doing that by the way? I’m planning on it now.

Good point Jim. I have wondered about this issue with John since his death. What symptoms did he have or did he ignore? I had a Dr's appt yesterday and have just experienced some left back pain that had radiated down into my arm. I think that I strained something Saturday while doing some yard work but rather than ignore it, I brought it up to my Dr. I told him about John's heart attack and told him it really hit hard. He checked me out and after I have some minor surgery next month and recover from that, he will set up a stress test for me. I have gone thru one before after my Dad's death but it has been years.

Who knows if John's heart problem would have been detected? It may have just been his time. Either way, everyone on here should be aware of what their body is telling them and take action. Mark and Bobby, since heart disease can be hereditary, I hope that you both will get checked out soon if you have not been doing so already.

Sorry for the rant but this hit so close to home for me and brought back so many memories of my Dad's sudden death.

God Bless each of you and thanks again for the stories. They are helping all of us to heal the wounds left by John's untimely death.

Comment

Never got to meet Tuthdoc, but enjoyed reading his post and learning as much as I could from his insight. You could tell that he was well respected on this site. I feel for you Mailman. RIP John. May we one day meet in heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
            I can thank John for turning me onto this site. Probably 10+ years ago we both frequented eders.com forums. At the time it was the only hunting forum I knew about. Through our posts he turned me on over here and I aint looked back.....

Gonna miss your post John, but the company you keep now has us beat hands down.

Yep Eders was my first recollection of John. That had to be 1999 or 2000. I remember when John was getting Mailman rigged with his first bow. I remember thinking how lucky this young dude is to have his father-in-law (or father-in-law to be) getting him a bow.

DFA do you rembemer when John got into it with the owner of Muzzy? I don't rember exactly what got John all stirred up but it had something to do with mechs and the Muzzy slogan BAD TO THE BONE. Only time I can recall John getting a little ruffed up. Bottom line was don't mess with John's mechs and don't tell him that a Muzzy would break through bones.

What does it say about a man that I never met but find myself thinking about him several times a day? Rest in peace.........Roy D

Comment

Great stories. Thanks for sharring. God Bless John and his family.

Comment

All of the above stories have made me laugh and smile through my tears. It's funny how you don't realize just how much you'll miss someone until they're gone. I also have too many memories and stories to type up and put on here, but you can bet I won't forget them....

I posted this on a different thread but thought I would put it here also:

Mark, Bobby, Matt, and all of the family,

I embrace all of you with a big hug! I am so sad and hurt deeply for your loss and mine. I have learned so much from John over the past years from being with him at our lease in San Angelo, to all those 3D shoots with him at Banana Bend, to just calling him to get his advice! He was my good friend and I will miss him very much!

I remember the first time I met him. I had never turkey hunted and he was to be my guide, caller, and instructor. I could tell by the way he answered all (and you know me I had a lot) of my questions, that he loved the whole experience of the hunt and didn't have to pull the trigger to get enjoyment. He loved to share his knowledge and passion as much as he did going hunting by himself.

We got a turkey that hunt and he was pumped cause we did it the traditional way, by walking and calling till we got a response. He got me set up to shoot and then he got in some brush behind me and started calling. In came two long beards and after I shot one he was grinning from ear to ear at my/our success. I knew then that I wanted to spend a lot more time with this man!!! I even changed from my local dentist to him and drove way farther so I could hear his stories while he worked on my teeth.

A part of him will be with me forever, as well as with many others whose lives he touched by sharing his love of the outdoors and passion for hunting. I don't want to think about what it will be like this fall without him around camp. But, his teachings will be with me on every hunt and all my great memories of him will make me smile and bring me comfort.

John, I will miss you.....
                Rest in Peace

Comment

Robyne - we got nuttin but time please feel free to share more when you find the time or feel the need.

Comment

Thanks for sharing Robyne...we are here for you.

Comment

Thanks to all of you for giving us more insight of a man we all wished we knew better, RIP Doc

Comment

roybne just always remember when hunting. WWJD

what
                        would
                        john lee
                        do

Comment

I posted this in one of the other threads but thought I would put it here also since others had a similar experience.

I went for a very long time, years, thinking John's screen name was Truthdoc. It just seemed to fit. Everything he spoke was the truth.

I have more respect for John than any other person I have never met. Reading all of these stories from friends and family that did know him just reinforces that. Thank you all.

Comment

Never got to meet Doc in person but just looked back at some of my old PM's and among all the things I agreed with him on, he and I sure could talk a lot about expandable broadheads. Sure will miss all of the great posts and knowledge he shared on here. Funny how people that we only know from the green screen, can be such a big part of our lives. You will be missed.

Comment

one thing i learned from tuthdoc was forget the wind and hunt, he will be missed and i onlyknew him from his post here on TBH

Comment

Just now getting aroung to reading all of the tributes and stories and I can tell you that the "onions" are really bad in my computer room tonight. About the time that I think that I am use to them they seem to get a little stronger and my eyes start watering again. Keep the stories and tributes coming because my tearducts need a good flushing.

R.I.P. John "tuthdoc" Lee. My TBH idol, "deerdoc" and superhero.
                                >E

Comment

Working...
                                X