Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order is in
    6.5 PRC 24" LA 8 twist
    Hoping to get ammo components before the rifle arrives!

Comment

Order in

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
        Order in

What did you do?

Comment

Order is in, Option 1 in 6.5prc/LA.. Went by the shop this morning & had a great visit with Garrett. Buzz, thanks for the guidance-

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
            What did you do?
            I kinda went out of the box and ordered a rifle not included in the TBH buy. Needed a heavy gun , mcMillan stock, all different components.

Think i'll keep this one forever

Now ya'll go buy my Volquartsen .22lr's I have for sale. I need the $$ to pay for this beast

Comment

Is the 260 AI rendered irrelevant by the PRC?

Huge fan of the 7mm-08 but interested in a little more niche cartridge for reloading.
              7mm-08 AI
              260 AI
              or just go straight 7mm-08 or 6.5 PRC?

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                Is the 260 AI rendered irrelevant by the PRC?

Huge fan of the 7mm-08 but interested in a little more niche cartridge for reloading.
                7mm-08 AI
                260 AI
                or just go straight 7mm-08 or 6.5 PRC?

I would say it depends on your situation. If your already geared for 260 with dies, brass and such go with the AI since those things are so hard to find. If starting from scratch PRC might be the choice.

Personally I really like the thought of a 7-08AI and it will be one of my next builds. Plus you can shoot factory ammo out of it in a pinch with still good performance.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Placed my order on Friday.
                  Went with option 1 in a 260ai 22" barrel.
                  Love the fact that Lapua brass is currently in stock in most places.

Comment

18” 7mm-08 1:9 Option 1. Would have loved to get option 2 folder, but after handling there was a few things that I knew I would not care for quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                      18” 7mm-08 1:9 Option 1. Would have loved to get option 2 folder, but after handling there was a few things that I knew I would not care for quickly.
                      Such as?

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                      I would say it depends on your situation. If your already geared for 260 with dies, brass and such go with the AI since those things are so hard to find. If starting from scratch PRC might be the choice.

Personally I really like the thought of a 7-08AI and it will be one of my next builds. Plus you can shoot factory ammo out of it in a pinch with still good performance.

Sierracharlie out....
                      Interesting... no 260 dies. I’m currently set up for straight 7mm-08, so I could adapt with one additional die pretty easily.

Comment

I guess I'm the opposite...
                        I was all in on this option 2 folder from the gitgo until 2 things happened....

First, the voting thread pretty much killed the possibility in my mind of this getting off the ground, and secondly I built a nice little folding stocked TC Encore in a 7mm 08 with a 20" threaded barrel that isn't nearly in the same class as this one here but it took the edge off of my urge to scratch that itch. So I was content to go with option 1, which in my opinion is likely the sweetest group build rifle yet anyway.

Then, I made the mistake of picking up the sample lightweight Shorty folder in the shop at APR and daaauuummmnnn!!
                        I liked it so much that I immediately decided that I didn't really need that $3,495
                        (plus scope & rings)
                        (plus the option 1 build, with scope & rings)
                        (plus more ammo etc.etc.etc.)

Sweet azz custom rifle collecting is a helluva drug! 🤣😎

Comment

Interesting... no 260 dies. I’m currently set up for straight 7mm-08, so I could adapt with one additional die pretty easily.

I’m not certain the bullet seating due would be usable due to the shoulder profile change but worst case scenario would be a set of dies and you’re ready to roll.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpg View Post
                            I guess I'm the opposite...
                            I was all in on this option 2 folder from the gitgo until 2 things happened....

First, the voting thread pretty much killed the possibility in my mind of this getting off the ground, and secondly I built a nice little folding stocked TC Encore in a 7mm 08 with a 20" threaded barrel that isn't nearly in the same class as this one here but it took the edge off of my urge to scratch that itch. So I was content to go with option 1, which in my opinion is likely the sweetest group build rifle yet anyway.

Then, I made the mistake of picking up the sample lightweight Shorty folder in the shop at APR and daaauuummmnnn!!
                            I liked it so much that I immediately decided that I didn't really need that $3,495
                            (plus scope & rings)
                            (plus the option 1 build, with scope & rings)
                            (plus more ammo etc.etc.etc.)

Sweet azz custom rifle collecting is a helluva drug! 🤣😎

Comment

Such as?
                              For me the check weld seemed high and likely not work with a low scope, and the takedown pin protruded and rested in the meat between my thumb and pointer. Maybe just how I gripped or my extra large hands but enough for me to pass and go option 1.

Comment

For me the check weld seemed high and likely not work with a low scope, and the takedown pin protruded and rested in the meat between my thumb and pointer. Maybe just how I gripped or my extra large hands but enough for me to pass and go option 1.

GTK thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X