Opinions on Shallow Sport 24 Foot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on Shallow Sport 24 Foot

I have the opportunity to purchase a 2010 Shallow Sport 24’ with a 200 Etech HO. Looking for opinions from anyone with experience with this boat. How does it handle choppy conditions, quality of hull or any other input. Motor has very low hours and I have several videos of it running last week. Seriously considering pulling the trigger.
    Attached Files

No experience in that boat but looks nice!!!

Comment

I'd be more concerned with the e tech than the hull

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

It is a good hull. It won’t handle chop well.

Comment

Looks like the sport model? Don't think they do very well in the chop, but run extremely shallow. Shallow sport makes a top of the line boat. Don't think I'd be overly excited about the e-tech

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Once a boat hits a decade the move is to offload it into someone who loves projects lol

Comment

Great boat... ugh on the motor. Remember when buying a boat you're not buying the boat, you're buying the motor.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
                Once a boat hits a decade the move is to offload it into someone who loves projects lol
                Not hardly true anymore. Was definitely true years ago. Most builders have been building "lifetime" boats for 15+ years now. The motor is what you need to watch for now days.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
                  You must have had terrible luck with used boats or don’t know what your looking for.

Comment

I am no help but that thing is sexy. Also, if and when you buy it, I’m open to tag along on a fishing trip, gas and beer on me? Lol

Comment

My buddy has one very similar. We took it to Venice and fished 6 full days, it did fantastic. But, they are not designed for a lot of chop/waves.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
                        You must have had terrible luck with used boats or don’t know what your looking for.
                        I'm convinced he owned 3 or 4 Larson/kenners with force-e- tecs

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          I'm convinced he owned 3 or 4 Larson/kenners with force-e- tecs

Those force engines are done fine outboards. [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

One look at all the trim tabs/gadgetry on the boat and motor tells me right quick that it is a porpoising son of a gun and did not handle big water at all. Go for a 20 mile ride and then see what you think.

Comment

Why would you say it's a porpoising son of a gun. Motor trim can control that. The trim tabs help it get up in the shallows and run skinny.

Comment

Working...
                              X