cell tower on your land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
    Either way there will be a cell tower within visibility of your place if you say no. Mine as well get paid to see it.

This. My mother in law has one on the back corner of 17 acres behind her house. It was either there or her brother in laws land which was in FRONT of her house. She’s being paid well for it to be there too.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
      They haven't made an offer yet, but it sounds like $800 per month. Add 10% every 5 years.

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
      That's way low. But you probably already knew that.
      What Grayson said….

Comment

So does anyone have the put a tier on my land hotline?

Comment

I have one on my place. It's on the far end that i never go by. No problem what so ever can't even see it

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KGreene View Post
            Would be a good retirement supplement. Or the difference between hunting East Texas or Mexico.
            Yeah Mexico is way cheaper

Comment

Too low. Initial cost and then a monthly payment with a % increase every 3 years. That's one thing we messed up when we signed our oil lease. Land was $2500 an acre and when they build a pad and facility that's was the compensation that they paid. Now land is worth 3-4 times that number. Get a lawyer.

Comment

I have 2 both on farm land leased out right on I 45. They have been there a long time, no issues, both are fenced off, one has there own lock to main gate which I have combination to. They even provide insurance.

Comment

AT&T is building one as we speak on my neighbor's place. The contract was done on it about 5 years ago. They don't start building immediately. They made a new entry and a nice gravel road to the tower location, but it doesn't sit too far into his property, so not really much of a hassle for him. As far as an eye sore it won't be any worse than all the others I can see off in the distance. Like Grayson said $800 is way low on what they would be paying. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

Comment

My real life experience. I owned a piece of property that fell into this category. I accepted the offer. I sold this piece of land. I still receive revenue from the tower. As I still own the section of land the tower is on. That property is being developed into quarter acre HOA neighborhood. I should have kept the land longer ..... however. For another 64 years from today. I receive a monthly payment for this tower.

Sent from my SM-A536V using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't do it. Sell me a piece of your land.

Comment

Definitely find you an attorney that specializes in this. They can help negotiate a fair deal. But $800 seems way low.

Comment

I have a friend that has one on her 6 acres, and she gets 650 a month with a increase every 5 years

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                            Yeah Mexico is way cheaper

Pffttttt

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                              They haven't made an offer yet, but it sounds like $800 per month. Add 10% every 5 years.
                              That's about what we're getting.

One time they left the gate open and cows got out. Now they have their own gate that they maintain so it's clear if they screw up. No other complaints.

Comment

I'd probably shoot for more than the $800/month.
                                On a small place, it would be a deal killer for me. If you had a couple hundred acres, got good cell service, and some nice cash flow, it would be interesting. A cell tower wouldn't bother me like those wind turbines would.

If you thought you could build the tower, then sell off most of your land, but reserve the tower and the land it sits on - could be a good long term investment.

Comment

Working...
                                X